IS leadership eliminated

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

replaced with PC drones

bet we really get some great direction on how to win in the hospitals moving forward

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS leadership was eliminated in 2009

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TS is bringing his primary care friends in. He learned from the best, the old TG.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't sell hospital drugs anymore, so why is hospital experience needed? still unsure who is still left out of the 3 RMs that were in IS. I think the west RM was replaced.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, just heard Oncology getting waxed soon. Too many reps selling too few products. We are screwed!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMS to the rescue!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

doesn't matter who is left in this division or any other division. If you are under the age of 45 and still in pharma sales you either have no skills that are transferable, too lazy to move to a different industry, or are trying and can't get anything different. Oh - I know I will get the no other job pays the same, I don't have to work hard, etc - but you will be trying to sell insurance to friends in no time if you don't get off of your duff and do something different. pharma sales reps have been sold a bill of goods that their skills are valued outside of pharma-this just isn't the case and it is impossible to get anything reasonable outside of the industry. I for one and very concerned about the future of this job and have tried to get something outside the industry that is somewhat similar in pay to no avail. I feel that the the music will stop at some point for 90% of those in this job in the next 5-10 years as there are no new drugs and the gov't and insurance is completely dictating what can be used and how.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is partially because of people like TG and TS that we're in this position: hiring friends and cronies instead of best available is very…1997, when it just didn't matter who was running the show.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TS only needs this feather in his cap to move up in the organization and he will do anything and everything to make that happen. Over the short term, that means putting is yes men and women to implement his metrics driven, micro management, top down directives.

Just work your TBOs and you will be fine.

IS died when we shut down our ABX platform.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this division will be shut down quietly as it will continue to shrink as tenured people are leaving regularly and leadership will probably not fill. we are selling PC products and really don't even need us anymore.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad. Sad. Sad. Pfizer doesn't understand the value of hospitals and what the IS sales force brings to the organization. Hope it doesn't learn the hard way.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

has katina ever been in a hospital?

way to go Thomas

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does that even matter? ask yourself if the RMs that were in IS ever carried the bag in the hospital and sold anything remotely close to what we sell now in the environment that we sell in? I think that the answer to both of those questions is "no". she will do fine...unfortunately the division as a whole is going to collapse in no time-we are in trouble people.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

have worked in the PC and hospital division at PFE and I hate to break it to you people but there there is absolutely NOTHING unique or great about the IS division. these skills are easily learned-the environment is no different than any office-insurance, guidelines, and money drive almost every decision and most are being made at a macro level with local hospitals following suite. customers don't want to see us anymore because we bring no value at all. not many PC reps want these jobs because we know that there is a much greater chance of being whacked when the hospital group doesn't actually sell hospital based products. I mean seriously-it shouldn't take very long before someone with a calculator determines that the revenue that the IS reps bring in are not worth much.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to break it to you, but hospital sales is a VERY different world than PC sales. Bringing in the PC sales model into hospital sales is a disaster waiting to happen.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then maybe you can explain why PC reps. have rarely wanted to post for hospital positions when the division had true hospital based products. Your theory doesn't hold water. The skill set for an institutional position requires someone who is able to develop and utilize relationships for information on hospital decision process. From what I've seen, the PC reps. have been clueless how that process works, or how to locate decision makers. Sample dropping is a job a robot could do. Hospital rely's on actual skills.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TS and KO are dumb as a box of rocks. TS at least knows it and will schmooze well. Katina is so stuck on herself she thinks she's it. When the heat hits look for the blame game.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct on all points. Hospital sales requires an entirely different skill set. Pfizer never knew or cared what that was. Everything was PC to Pfizer, including the managers. I recall a newly promoted female rep asking me what a formulary and P&T committee was!!! This was after her "training" class.
    All Pfizer knows is activity, product message, and numbers to beat physicians into submission.
    Bad sales model.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the word "sales" should never be in the same sentence in pharma. we promote-like a commercial-to people who may use it on a patient. we don't sell or market our stuff like most want to believe---we are robots spitting out commercials.
    that being said, whether you are doing this in the hospital or office the goal is really not different. it is a different environment, but very few hospital reps are spending every moment of the day in the hospital-they are going into offices and PC reps are running into them every day. hospital reps need to get off of their high horse and PC reps need to understand what they really are---high paid and mostly unnecessary commercials

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone needs to chilax. If you've been with Pfizer at least 14+ years then you probably remember there was no IS sales force. PC did it and did it well with Zithromax Po & Iv and were in the hospitals/fast track. It's not rocket science people. Ask a few questions. Find out who pulls the strings in Rx, hospitalists, critical care, etc and go from there.