Tips for resigning from Pfizer

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm planning to resign from Pfizer soon. What is the process? Will I get paid for two weeks notice? How soon will the benefits end? If I take my two personal days the beginning of January will I owe back in my final paycheck? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Send your dm an email announcing your two week notice. Your benefits end on the last day worked. You will not be charged for two personal days. I suggest taking them prior to giving your two week notice. Be ready because once you give your notice, Pfizer will begin the process of retrieving your car and equipment as soon as possible. Good luck on your new endeavors.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure you wished you got the package. I wonder how many others who are still here which they got the ax? I could never understand why they don't ask for volunteers??? Saving money is the obvious reason, but what is the cost of paying an unhappy employee for months (or years for that matter).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Pfizer doesn't honor the two weeks notice? Anyone?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take disability then start your new job..... Double dip when you get back, if it gets to hard go on disability again!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. Of course they honor the 2 weeks notice. If not they owe you 3 months severance. Which is the smarter move?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take your personal days and vacation as it will be prorated. Bottom line is get all that's coming to you because pfuckung Pfizer will try to Pfuck you any way they can. A vindictive, evil company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait! they'll b a reorg in 2 yrs.
    Get a buy out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad advice.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True story.

a colleague of mine quit pfizer to work at wyeth. About a year later pfizer bought wyeth. She now worked for pfizer again. She quit pfizer 2x in a little over a year and got a job at king. Pfizer then bought king and she was again a pfizer rep for the 3rd time within 2 years. She quit pfizer again and works for amgen now.

I wonder if I should load up on amgen shares awaiting the buyout?

tip when resigning is don't burn your bridges because you may never be free from the corporate raiding pfizer.

also wait until the 17th of any month to leave so you get that entire month's bonus if not, you get nothing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At this point I would be a little paranoid if I was her! lol Good advice on the 17th-didn't know that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to give my two weeks notice on Dec 3. This way my last official day will be Dec 17 so I can get bonus etc. I have several days of vaca left. My question is, when leaving on good terms, when will they take the car and everything and no longer expect me to be in the field: Dec 3 or Dec 17 or after the vaca has run out?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give notice Jan 2nd at the earliest! What are you thinking? Don't you know you'll give up your 401k match if you quit before Dec. 30th? You'll be giving up one quarters worth of match. This could be over 1k.

Also may be wise to take a weeks vacation first week of Jan., take 2 floating days the second week, and give notice Wed.

Just a thought

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the food for thought. More worried about final bonus than the 401K match. Substantially more money on the table. Staying on the books til the 16th should cover. The other company wants me yesterday.

Still want to know if they will make me vacate immediately and wait out the two weeks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's up to the manager. I know of a rep that was kept to work for the 2 weeks. Other managers think she is an asshole for doing it. I can't imagine how well the exit interview went for that manager.

FYI, Be careful taking a week's vacation in January, then leaving. You build up 2-3 days vacation per month. If you use more than those 2-3 days, then leave, you will get those excess days docked from your pay. But definitely take the 2 personal days.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for your reply. I have several vaca days left in 2014. I want to resign in dec and use last of my vaca days during the two week period. what do you think

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She was hot too!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't use vacation days. They pay you for them.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently resigned from Pfizer and the process was shockingly straightforward and painless. Use your 2 personal days, you will not get paid for them. You will be paid for any accrued vacation days. If memory serves, you must work until the 19th of the month to be paid your bonus for that month. You can double check on line on pfieldnet. I was not expected to work in the field after giving my 2 weeks (I left on good terms). You will have some paper work to do that is tedious. Make sure your samples are in order BEFORE you give notice. Prepare to transfer samples out to your team, clean out your storage locker. You are given a check list of things to complete and do. My car was picked up by a 3rd party vendor. This was not able to happen until after my quit date. I parked the car in the front yard and was not "allowed" to drive it after my quit date. I believe the earlier post about working the full year to get your company match is correct. This is something you should investigate and consider as you are so close to the end of the year. Your medical benefits and coverage will end on your quit date, I think COBRA was an option, but I can't remember. Also, make sure you follow the protocol to cancel your phone coverage. I never/rarely used the blackberry and thought Pfizer would take care of canceling it. WRONG. I was billed for 2 cycles before I figured out otherwise. Pfizer did reimburse me, but filling out the paperwork manually is a hassle and I suggest canceling it promptly to prevent this.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for this info. According to the bonus plan you have to be employed through the 16th. You give a lot of great insight that I will heed. thanks a lot!