GIP BU

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know why Pfizer is hiring Professional Healthcare Representatives, GIP BU, in some areas? What is the product and/or disease state?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GIP BU is hiring because there are vacancies.

It could be any of four lead products.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another consultant fishing for info?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, just an applicant with fingers crossed for good luck. It is tough getting back into pharma if you are unemployed. Be happy you have a job....keep it as long as you can.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHY would you want to?!

Look elsewhere!

There IS life after pharma!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck to you. I'm a new hire and love it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

unfortunately pharma sales only prepares you for pharma sales. the skills are not transferable.
    Don't believe me? Throw a resume out there for something outside of the industry and see if you even get a screening interview.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only way to get a job in another field is to have experience in THAT field. There are too many unemployed people with experience in every industry that you are always put to the back of the pile. i was unemployed and know this for a fact.

Try to get into pharm without pharma experience. Took me 5 years and I LOVE it. The vast majority of people out there would be so grateful to have a job with great benefits, nice salary, commission, matching 401K, company car, working from your home and the list goes on.

Stop complaining and grow up.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As another post said, try getting a job in another field without experience in that field. Every industry has a flood of candidates to choose from.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know if this will help anybody, but I applied for an open GIP BU position two weeks ago. I just received an automated thanks but no thanks email from HR today. I have over 10 yrs exp in pharma....I guessing they're looking for newbies? I agree with the other posts...It'll be great to break out of pharma, but if you look at some of the jobs out there, they either pay peanuts or they want you to have loads of experience in that particular field.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well at least you got an email from HR! I had a phone screen on Monday and face to face interview on Wednesday and was told we would know Friday. At 4:30 on Friday I emailed the hiring mgr who said he would let everyone know the following Thursday or Friday. Next week rolls around and on Wednesday, I get an email from Pfizer asking me to complete online application and consent for background check. I'm thinking this is great!!! Then Friday at 5:15 I still haven't heard so I email hiring mgr again. He responds that he has moved someone else forward, but they told me to do the online thing so I could be considered for something else. Now I ask you, is this any way to treat people? And its not just Pfizer, other companies have done the same thing. As bad as it is out here, you would think they could at least send an email letting us know something. I don't think that's too much to ask. But to string me along for two weeks was cruel. Especially right here before the holidays. I have a job, but wanted less travel. This generation of "managers" have no tact, no finesse, no manners and this crap will come back on them.