Manager harassment

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello again,

I have posted this a couple of times. If you have concrete information about a violation of policy to include sexual harassment, bullying, or falsification of expense reports by the manager, call Kristen Cummings at Corporate Compliance. HR and the RBD can not block
    their investigations. Remember, you have to have proof of your complaints--I have seen
    them call 10-15 other reps to verify the complaint---and yes it is confidential because it is at corporate. One more thing, this process my 2 months or so, so be patient.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I avoided it as long as I could, but when she found out I was boning another girl in the district I had to give in. She takes it in the rump and I have been getting great reviews, but more ride alongs since i started riding her and POA's are tricky with both of them there but she is cool if other management is around.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read an article once about an HR rep and they admitted that they are there to protect the company and if complaints are made, it will turn on the complainer. You need verifiable proof of everything and most managers are smart enough not to leave a paper trail. But now, with cell phones...it's easy to record conversations. So, if you have a manager, keep a trail of recordings and keep an FU file if you have any written ammo.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dennis Beeler knows a lot about how hr, right? Bottom line, if the act is not agregious enough to terminate employment, that manager will still be your manager. Just like Beeler was to all of his targets. Once the mgr survives, prepare for a very slow turn of the screw.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't have a video of the actual harassment, forget it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The one who sued all, please provide lawyer name and phone number.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The lawyer's name is Jackie Chiles and he is highly respected. When I told him about the mean manager he said "that's outrageous, egregious, preposterous"!!!! I see a HUGE payday coming my way. Only money can help mend my delicate feelings!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strength in numbers. Filing with HR a formal complaint and investigation request especially on a manager stands a better chance of successful resolution when you have multiple parties on the complaint. Also, dates, times and all specific details documented by each party becomes very credible especially if it involves EEO or sexual harassment. No Fortune 500 company wants to be in the news for these offenses and HR will protect the reputation of the Company. In my situation, there were three representatives documenting EEO violations and harassment and the manager was demoted and resigned.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Skip HR. They don't want to lose their job by trying to help you. Secondly, contact the corporate omsbudsman as one of the previous posters mentioned. Document everything that is said and also go ahead and contact a lawyer. Third, asked the manager to stop. This will obviously not go your way, and you will be targeted and harassed further. Keep in close contact with your lawyer during this process and begin looking for a new position with another company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very true. They have to investigate any complaint and they do a thorough job. I saw a DM lose her job very unceremoniously once the investigation reached her reps. Document everything and keep any off-color, even stretch non-compliant emails (ammunition) from the DM. Consider not reporting everything at once as multiple calls to compliance yield multiple investigations of the same person. If anonymity is impossible based on the complaint, tell compliance that you "fear retaliation". They will go into this whole monologue about BMS's anti-retaliation policy, but don't be fooled, it's very hard to enforce. Watch all field contacts, performance assessments, communications very carefully and document document document. Retain an attorney and call compliance every 4 - 6 months to express that you are concerned you may be under retaliation (against federal laws). Just after the first compliance call, let your DM (cc RBD) know in writing about your complaint and that you will be periodically checking in with compliance because you fear retaliation. They probably will eventually get rid of you through a reorg, but if all this is done correctly, it is very hard for management to come after you without creating huge liability for themselves (even better if you are a protected class). They will hate you, but anything they do or don't do can be argued as retaliation. You will definitely leave with a settlement if the choice to leave is not yours

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk to a good employment lawyer, BMS only understands hardball tactics. Been there, done that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was a damn awful experience. Horrible RBD and yes, he called and met with Reps - demanding information and then turned the truth around to make himself look good. In the end, he was let go. But that was only after the damage had been done and so many of us learned WAY TOO many lessons about BMS and how unprotected all of us really are when there is a target on a back.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Howley was a loser.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR has probably picked up from other companies a standard process of dealing with this. Exact same thing going on at other pharma companies. Find out if recording someone in your state is legal and go to it girl! Set him up and catch him in the act. HR and compliance work in separate silos. If you report to compliance it goes to top management and comes down on all. If you try to discuss this with management or HR they will pull these tactics. Bottom line don't go to management or HR for help. Go to compliance and get yourself a lawyer before they start to hunt you down. It may go on for a couple of months before HR pulls you in and decides to let you go. Then comes the confidentiality agreement. Google confidentiality agreement and see some general information. They will force you into signing because you will need the benefits to get to the next job. BUT see Bloomberg News August 1, 2014. These agreements can no longer prevent you from going to the state or federal authorities or the press. They have relied on these to keep people from taking action and staying out of the media. RIDE with a notebook on YOUR car seat and unfortunately ......record each phone call each interaction each contact of any kind and transfer to YOUR personal computer and store every document that is ever sent to you and a copy of every reply you send to them. PROTECT YOURSELF. Any comments even in jest that impact civil liberties such as religion sex age can be used against them in a major way. The word "old"or "young" is a no no. Make documentation of another kind part of your daily habit of good work! Sorry I didn't.....my anger shows. I only hope this will help someone in your company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is good advice but BMS has a policy against recording any meetings or interactions. This is not to say that you can't do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bms fires you on the policy violation grounds while you are presenting your evidence. Then again if you really have them for something, and your evidence is buttoned up, they will be forced to settle.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a manager asks to see my panties on a field visit, what should I do?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went through similar problems with JH on a rep level and it ran me into the ground and ruined my career. Once he had it out for my DBM, he tried to get reps to turn on the DBM. Does he ask you for receipts for expense reports? Have you witnessed unethical behavior etc. Once I wouldn't play along my days were numbered. His Napoleon complex was unbearable and his "your either with me, or against me" attitude was unsettling and unprofessional. If anything his behavior should have been taken care of by HR (My DBM was a good guy) I burned my blue sheets and donated my book (Jim's Bible to Success) to Goodwill where its sits on the shelf with 60 other hardly used copies. When layoffs came for many of us, you sign away your rights to sue or complain if you want your severance. He got his and I got mine. Worked out for me in the long run but I learned from it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Document, document, document. And by the way, NO department of BMS can be trusted. You need a ton of documentation and an employment lawyer.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All advice in this blog is true. I have been targeted, even life threatened at this fine company. Attorney only way to go!!! Keep quiet. But honestly, soooo sad that the victim needs to leave.