ambulatory care?

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh great! Less time in the field selling.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't know Cardinal was in the doc office space...good for them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah.....ten years in the physician office space and they can't get past 4% market share. If I was an ambulatory rep, my resume would be updated.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

November 21, 2014....CAH finally waves the white flag and gives it's physician office business to Schein. Good for Schein, good for DC as he rids himself of a headache.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of headaches, when are we going to be of of DC?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is, when are we going to be RID of DC?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boners = CAH Leadership

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good move all round...Schein's excellent systems, leaders and sales and CAH's decent sourcing and self manufactured sites for products.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"decent" sourcing" won't get it done in today's market.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Schein must have assessed Cardinal Sourcing as a great opportunity for combined volume purchasing....ya think. This ain't high tech products being sold for the most part.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good move for everyone except Cardinal reps and managers in the physician office business. Of course Schein is going to say that they are absorbing the reps and managers. It sounds better than.... we are going to bring them on board, assess their territories and talents, and RIF about 75% of them in 6 months.
    If you are an ambulatory rep or manager and you think this is a positive for your career, then you might be in for a surprise down the road.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen. If you don't think your job is in grave danger, you've got your head buried in the sand. Word of advice? Update your resume and begin a job search.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But JH says we are all secure. I'm on board. LOL

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. Of course he says that. That's what he is paid to do! BB said everyone was secure
    Too...that this was a great thing for everyone...and then he took a new job - At Cardinal! Don't you think that 1) he knew this was coming and 2) if he thought it was such a "great thing", he'd be coming to HS??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JH is coming over too, right? I know that a piece of paper is only worth so much, but I received my offer letter.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is saying that he is coming over but we shall see.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If JH doesn't come over then I am going to feel a lot less comfortable with this move. But you're right. We'll see. Has anyone heard who they are reporting to yet? My RM said she will still be a manager, but I may not be on her team.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is your Schein counterpart? Who has the big accounts in your territory?
    They won't keep both, so if you are in a small territory, good luck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I wasn't supposed to, I have seen what my new territory looks like. Generally there are no changes and it is the Schein rep that is losing accounts to me, not the other way around. I am staying skeptical, but as of now, what I am hearing from JH and Schein is holding true.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's zero chance Cardinal reps get screwed enough masse. There are going to be *some* tough overlap situations with both reps and RMs, as with any integration. But it's not in Schein's culture to screw people. They have a vision to dominate the PO space, they need the feet on the street. Im quite sure CAH corporate is doing a shi--- job performing its integration tasks, but reps and RMs from CAH are going to thrive under this platform.