Cardinal stock expected to fall below 40

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terrible leadership at Cardinal

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

41 and falling!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, I'm confused... the stock is up 3% since the post-Walgreens bottom. Who's right- the Wall St analysts who think it got oversold, or the high finance magnates on here predicting sub $40?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the market -- as a whole -- is up and climbing. maybe that's a factor???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well since the Walgreens announcement the S&P 500 is lagging CAH. You'd think if CAH was a dog with fleas, the stock would have lost more than about 8% when 23% of its revenue is going away?

I think the moral to the story is its a big revenue line loss, but a moderate profit line loss. If wall street didn't freak out, maybe stakeholders shouldn't either.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&P is down 1.5% today. All major sectors down, all of the 30 Dow stocks down. But Cardinal is up .4%. Since the ominous "41 and falling" post below, CAH stock is up 5%.

Goes to show you, the average chicken little with keyboard confidence is usually on the losing end of things.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dipshit, do some research why dont you. Then you would correct your post and state the fact that the stock has only recent climbed past $43 per share on april 11th, after having been at $46.58 exactly a month ago.

You still have $3+ per share to go to be back where you were before the walgreens announcement. keep spin doctoring the "up 5%" thing though, it makes me laugh.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're talking about what's happening with the stock post Walgreens announcement, and relative to the S&p 500. So please be quiet and let the grown ups talk.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

read the post from 12:51. learn some reading comprehension my child.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, 12:51... I'm familiar with it b/c I wrote it.

Ad hominem attacks are a beautiful thing b/c they let you know someone is out of facts and is relying on name calling. So by all means please continue.

The facts are that the Walgreens announcement was on March 19th. The post titled "stock expected to fall below 40" was from March 20th. The post titled "$41 and falling" was on March 27th. Well as of market close today, since March 27th, the stock has risen a little over 3%. In that same time period, the S&P is in negative territory.

I don't know, nor does anyone else, what the CAH share price will be in 30-60-90-365 days. But I do know as soon as the chicken littles start fleeing and screaming the sky is falling, people like me run in to pick up the undervalued goods. I bought PSSI in July of 2012, just as they were reporting godawful earnings. Know how that turned out for me? I bought CAH in August and sold some in January, some in February. I bought BAC in March and April of 2009. Know how those turned out for me?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the world is full of negative parasites. They cause the illogical ebbs and flows that allow the sensible among us to profit from fear and pessimism

As you were.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your rant is nothing but drivel and hyperbole. take note that I had already quoted the dates and price changes- but thanks again for the history lesson. your anecdotes provide nothing of value. congratulations on your "savvy" stock purchases.

nobody cares son.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pssst... Cah reported earnings today. Profit exceeded Wall St estimates. Company raised dividend 10%.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looks like the stock has held a 5% gain today. Basically back to pre Walgreens level. Took a month.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone bought on the day of the ominous "41 and falling" post above and sold today, they'd have made an 11% gain. The lesson for those of you interested in investing, is the same as Warren Buffett's advice: when all the little lemings are jumping off the cliff, calmly walk in the opposite direction. There's money to be made in others' panic, pessimism and negativity.

I'm actually hoping for another dip in the stock. The future holds higher margin med business in place of the ultra low margin pharma business.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when the market goes up generally, stocks across all sectors will increase as well...even CAH. I am sure the market has increased at a greater % than CAH did during this time.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you seriously just go away? Nobody gives a shit about your investing advice. Stop clogging our forum with your retarded fucking posts. You're like that annoying kid that says "told you so!". Go back to selling cheap disposables.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen sport, I'm gonna come back and marinate in your wrongness any time I please.

And to the other poster: the S&P 500 is up 4% versus CAH's 11%.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cardinal stock hit a 52 week high today.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a big accomplishment. The market is at an all time high.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering the company lost $22 billion in revenue, and less than two months later exceeded the previous stock price, that is irrefutably a big accomplishment.