Any real news?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any real news out there? Awfully quiet despite knowing major cuts are coming. Where are the HQ insiders giving hints on timing & magnitude? When are they coming? By year end? In 1Q15?

Looking for some real gossip. I'm tired of reading through the threads that have devolved into politics, trash talking and/or plain old whining.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bless you. A rational person.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am on the UG campus and privy to the internal gossip. Here is the latest. Management away next week in preparation for big layoffs at end of Nov.. Insurance will be withdrawn and employees will be steared toward exchanges. Vaccine business will go contract workers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new CFO feels there are still too many employees. I don't know about sales specifically but all IT areas and even the sacred cow known as finance are going to be cut significantly over the next few months. BIG percentage of staff on their way out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you imagine being forced into Obumma care? OMG. Stop the madness.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the peeps without a bridge are needing to jump onto the Obumma exchange!

They will all be fearing those cut-rate doctors down on the drug infested side of town.

What a payback for years of service!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true re IT,don't know about Finance

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also heard this. My exec director claims the number will be 25-30% of staff gone. IT will be majority gone by end of 2014 but finance cuts will go into 2015 and won't be as big of a number.

I'm in Corp finance so I'm pretty sure my boss is telling me the truth. He qualifies for the package since he lives far enough away from Kenilworth to not have to make the move.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on sales or just vaccines?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw a MMD friend shopping and a whole bunch of shift supervisors were wiped out. Luckily, he stayed safe (he's a good person, so I'm glad he was one). However, he just looks around and sees fewer and fewer people.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad news HQ personnel are in the line of fire this time. I hear people in Whitehouse are shuffling around like a funeral profession these days. Don't expect HQ/support folks to chime in on this one.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHS is starting to look like a scene from the Walking Dead. Most are zombies who know the end is near with a few holdouts looking to snipe any they think may take their place in KW. The only happy faces are the ones who miss the cutoff for commute - I think it's 50 miles from your house to KW - and can take the enhanced package.

Peter Kellogg was thought to be cutting too slowly. The new guy knows it and won't make the same mistake. The sales cuts were baked in before he got here but the trouncing of office staff is a new plan all his own.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question: What is the "enhanced package" (not obvious jokes please)?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't qualify and it's only been directly discussed with people who do so this is second hand but - same as the severance package those getting laid off get. Rumor is that it is a little sweeter as far as the number of paid weeks offered but that might just be the perception since the person in my area who qualifies has 25+ years in.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first thing that enters my mind with "Enhanced package" is halo. That thing is no joke. Wish he really loved me back. So much like Charlie Harper. Hate him but love him

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manager's are at the downsizing meeting this week. Everyone will be impacted in mid Nov.. Forty to fifty percent reduction. Happy days stock prices increase quite nicely.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any more info on this big meeting?
    I have heard of no rumblings of something up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Schering Legacy rep here...laughing my ass off again! I left this shitty company after about a year working with a bunch of brown nosing ass kiss Merck reps. Found a new gig outside pharma and loving every minute of it! What ever unemployment hell you dick wads are facing in the near future is far worse than you can imagine. Nobody will hire you for squat! I especially like the Pharma companies that have openings posted with a disclaimer that says" if you have pharma sales experience need not apply". That will give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I hope your Merck resume crosses the desk of a Schering legacy person and they give a thumbs down. Hey Merck people EAT ME!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did hear about some reorganization meeting, however this sounds more serious then an "innocent" reorg.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boston and some of the Rahway MRL groups are still aggressively expanding. I see new faces on my floor almost every day in the past few months.