Former PPD Mgmt - How are they?

Discussion in 'PRA International' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2010 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any PPD folks out there that can provide some insight on the former PPD people now leading PRA? I am thinking about working there, but have heard some bad things about the top leadership - who are all ex-PPD. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PPD has been losing business...not ure if this is due to loss of former leaders or economy.......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are good people. seem to be applying all the "right things" they learned at PPD. Tough economy but company is doing well.

They even allow the popping of popcorn (progressive).....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I still work at PPD (ugh) and definitely miss a lot of the old managment that went to PRA. However, I don't miss Colin Shannon, that guy is too much like other bad management - tells employees he cares about them and how important they are, and then treats them poorly and takes them for granted. He's the worst - and he's currently the CEO.

Good luck in making your decision.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work at PPD (not there anymore!) and some of them are good...Romberg and Stansfield were pretty good. Colin was a nightmare though - he only cared about himself and treated the "underlings" like garbage. Not sure I would want to work at a company he's in charge of.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the CROs have been losing money, save for Covance which has best margin. Worst margin and most problematic is i3, with lowest margin in the business, which underwent a second major workforce reduction in less than 3 years with more to come.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't disagree with you more re: Colin. Extremely personable to all employees. Takes time to stop and chat with them each day and ask about children, personal lives, etc. As long as you are doing quality work you get along.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. I am at PPD now, worked at PRA.... Colin was in the elevator with me on multiple occassions and never said a word. He has the personality of a sheet of paper.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very kind guy- just not a chatty Cathy. Speaks frequently at internal functions!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From the Sponsor side - PRA is sub-standard. They work their people like dogs and señior management is always busy chasing down the next deal, never worrying about the execution of the deal they previously signed. Couple that with a significant degree of institutionalized inflexibility and obsession with process, and you have all the ingredients necessary for poor performance.

Better of investing your time and talent elsewhere

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well-said. I am a former PRA employee who resigned after 12 years for these very reasons. I got tired of being worked like a dog. Senior management is also busy finding excuses to not reward excellent performance by the employees.

A lot of hard-working and competent people are still there. I feel sorry for them. They deserve much better and I hope they seek and find it, as I did.