Wyeth retiree healthcare screwups

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer now has Fidelity HR vs Mercer in the past and cannot seem to transfer automatic pension withdrawals correctly. They say do not worry about it but a message pops up stating your payment for the month has not been received even though Metlife pension monthly direct deposit statement shows it has been deducted.
    Hope they do not use this as an excuse to drop us from the plan!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing here. But, I paid my premium by direct withdrawal from checking account. Withdrawals were made but Fidelity claims that a check was deposited (wrong) and then that coverage was canceled due to non-payment. I daily conversations with Fidelity for over a week to try to straighten out. I was told "don't worry about it". Oh yeah.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metlife pension healthcare deductions are posted on the last day of each month for THAT month's coverage. Pfizer takes the payment for the NEXT month so you have a few days grace oeriod before you are dropped.
    This will change to new Pfizer plan in Jan. so as the letter stated we do not have to send in an additional 1 months payment.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much does retiree health cost for a single person? (Medical, dental, Rx.)
    What are your monthly premiums? Is Pfizer picking up as much of the cost as Wyeth did?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not receive any new information since the initial slick copy that came by snail mid-2010 that changes are to be expected and that WE WOULD BE NOTIFIED before year's end.

Yeah, right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were any of you with 10+ years of service who turned 55 during the severance period (but after termination) told by HR that you could enroll for retiree medical coverage after benefits continuation period ended?
    I believe that you had to be 55 before the termination date to quality for retiree medical but there seems to be confusion out there.
    Thanks to anyone kind enough to respond.