Who Will be First?

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To file the lawsuit about the scam to get medical insurance to pay for the "infection"?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the scam? DMD writes a script and insurer pays for it. I do not think we ever approached insurance companies with a reason to cover this drug. We seem to have no plan to increase payors. They are making the choice to cover it. The bigger question is how much longer will they continue to pay for it...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Using Medical Coverage for Dental Coverage!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dentists write prescriptions for Codiene, Penicillin and any number of other things that are covered under the patient's drug plan too. Nobody is crying foul about that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a great program and all about the patient getting affordable care- but what about the AM's that encourage offices to write for 100+ and then sell the extra on the side? It's wrong in so many ways- to the patient, to the AM's that are promoting the program the way it should be used...and no one says anything about it! That is where we will be getting a law suit!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not the AMs promoting this. The decicision is made by the business owner to do or not do what is right. AMs discourage this behavior.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe it's true that there are a few solid AM's presenting the program the correct way, but I have peers in my own region that are very verbal about pushing Dr's to write bigger scripts. Sadly, it's open conversation. To the point made in the comment above you no one at the company is doing/saying anything about it- so it will only continue. I'll say that most of us are doing the right thing and there are some Dr's making the choice to abuse it on their own, but a few AM's might ruin this program for all of us.