dmab sales

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unreal, I never said that the patients in nursing homes would be enough to create a blockbuster for Prolia, my point was that, if it is indeed all about the patient, then ANY patient in a nursing home for an avoidable reason is a shame. If a patient has been put on alendrenate for 5 years with a stable BMD most docs view that as a success; however a 65 year old with a 2.9 is MUCH worse than a 55 year old with a 2.9. This drug can help many patients like this, and the data supports my assertions...clearly.

To the endo doc I say this, you ping pong patients back and forth between bisphosphonates, citing Reclast and its advantages. I think you and your colleagues cannot have it both ways. You whine that you don't want to talk to sales reps and their "me too" drugs that lack innovation. Now Amgen has brought you something truly innovative and you run back to that which you are comfortable. You have patients, more than you are willing to acknowledge, who need this drug. In time you will see that Amgen is on the right side of this argument.

Good luck to you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS on this poster. Sounds like one of the many industry docs who couldn't cut it seeing actual patients and now is a "medical director". If indeed a practicing physician, he/she is a piss poor one and a shill to be hanging out on CP. Worst case this quack is trying to spew garbage in an effort to manipulate stock prices. Would you want your mother to be treated by him/her? Do you think the hospitals he/she has privileges would want this type of physician on staff? If you really have the courage if your convictions doc, post your name. Oh, I see. You'll hide behind mommy's skirts just like you did when the big bad future drug rep was pummeling your nose on the playground.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current Amgen HSM....to the DOC-this is the typical drivel you will find on this site. To the poster, you certainly seem a little hostile towards an innocent, yet intelligent, post (whether the doc is right or wrong, or an MD or not). If you think what is posted on Cafepharma will drive the stock market then I can see why we are not selling much DMab and why many of us want to leave this place. The quality of personnel and people are not what it used to be when I initially joined, and I largely think it is BAD management that is turning good, talented people into boxcheckers and CYA experts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endo doc,

Everything you printed was very well thought out except, what was brought out by a poster right after your First post,

It states: Patients DON'T comply with their alendrenate. We know that.

So when patients don't take their Gold Standard drug and we know that HAPPENS all the time, proven study, then where is all your Gold standard theory go?? If they don't take it you can scrap everything you wrote..

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HSM- Wannabe doc but too afraid of sales to carry a nut. Regardless, what in hell is a doc doing trolling CP? I did not say CP would drive stock price but I've met enough shills who are more than willing to spew to analysts.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well let"s see what happens with operation "next injection" If they miss then we will see?

Endo Doc - Many of the big institutions are adding it to formulary - Besides Renal there are plenty of patients that are allergic/can't tollerate a BP. Secondly, Many will NOT get the next Reclast dose because of the reactions they experienced.

We have reversability - drug leaves system - your job to get them on the next drug if they don't get their second injection?

Just sayin......

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does it matter if a Big Institution puts it on formulary...they are still going to be ridiculous limitations on it since Institutions are able to enforce various sorts or control measures much like 3rd Party Payors (Commercial, Medicaid/Medicare, Private Insurance, HMO's....). What is the market in an Institutional setting where non-compliance is not much of an issue since HCP's are always rounding anyway.

That being said, please share who is putting it on formulary, and please go one step further and explain to me how adding it to these formularies is going to contribute to Prolia being a Blockbuster.

Yeah, Me.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this sounds a lot like Dr Mone Zaidi from New York. If so, I know you are reputable, but I would never use you as a speaker with this viewpoint. BTW: How do you explain Reclast barely achieving non-inferiority in their study vs. Alendronate? In fact, based on the study Alendronate appears to increase BMD much better than Reclast at 12 months. Interesting that the non-inferiority study done with Prolia and Alendronate showed Prolia to be the better drug in terms of BMD gains. If patients fails to improve on oral bisph. what evidence do have that would suggest that Reclast is better? None, right? Prolia has 2 studies STAND and DECIDE that give good reasons to use Prolia instead of or as follow on therapy to bisphsphonates.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zometa rep here...how's the uptake in bone mets patients going? You guys were big talkers 6 months ago. Let me tell you what I'm hearing. A supportive care drug twice the price of the standard of care with modest benefit. CC < 30 patients make sence which is less than 10% of my patient base. Oh and I'm sure you've heard MD Anderson will not use dmab unless a patient fails Zometa 1st. What?...your marketing team didn't tell you guys that? Believe me ours did. Have fun when you come up $100 million short of goal this year. Wall Street is so understanding.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've started hearing this every day from my accounts. The problem is their right. The price of this drug in this environment will be our undoing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No zometa rep would waste time here. Probably a disgruntled sales rep who didn't make DM

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Xgeva is being hurt by

1) Predatory pricing
    2) Amgen's know it all attitude - we surely don't
    3) Recent publications in JCO that show only limited benefit in selected patient
    populations and question the value proposition (see point 1)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We sell more Nplate than dmab. Pathetic

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. King Kevin S. was a submarine capt.! Very appropos analogy.... no if he can just hurry up and hit the underground canyon wall like the movie "Abyss"....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why PMO therapy is dead

Physicians have treatment of osteoporosis well below other more acute disease states.

Managed care

no longer a shared voice pushing the disease state, at one time as many as 6 reps calling on one physician from various companies

A generic that works

PMO drug therapy should be an OTC market

Specialty for the very hard and difficult to treat