Medline vs. smaller company

Discussion in 'Medline' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the opportunity to work for Medline Surgery Center Division or a much smaller company but will have the ability to call on hospitals and surgery centers. The smaller company is very competitive with price and sometime works with Medline and some of the other large companies. Any insight the good and bad of each side. I have exp. working in hospitals and surgery centers and I am leaning toword the smaller company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It all depends on the territory. What city? Also, whats the smaller company?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a small manufacturer. Their initial deal is better, higher base, all exp. paid, car allowance, cell phone ,ect. My concern is that it is going to be a very hard sell given GPO's and contracts that larger companies have. Its in the Northeast so there is a lot of potential, I'm just not sure if I will be able to break into bigger accounts without a big company name.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our surgery center group is strong. We have the two largest surgery center groups under our belt in USPI and SCA, plus a lot of the smaller groups. You can use this when selling to other SC's. I am in the surgery center division and the management is strong in that area and our leadership in Dirk Benson doesn't get any better. What city and I can give you more details if you would like?