Having Amgen on your resume is a curse!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Help me! I have been agressively interivewing with companies trying to get away from Amgen. No one understands why I would want to leave such a great company. Has anyone that escaped this place and if so, can you PLEASE explain how you overcome this objection.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same problem here. Amgen has really ruined many families lives who are/were employees. What jerks.

There are a couple of stories/novels (at least one I know of for sure) that will tell of the horror stories of working here. Sad, sad sad. It is like Kevin S. said, you have to know who your friends are, and he meant within the company, and not competitors or customers. This attitude has already cost Amgen millions in lawsuits, hush money.

PS-there is a former political Rep out of here (CA) that has put some muscle behind the expose to come....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

March RIF will be announced! Watch your backs....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been trying forever and can't get out! No one understands why I would want to leave such a great company! I'm even considering taking much less pay but they don't get it, help!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't want you. I think the post is likely BS, but if real, understand the that the 'kind words' mask a widely helped view that Amgen is full of fat cats who don't work too hard, expect a lot, and not because of the value brought to the table, but from developed skills like ass kissing, boot licking and the ability to snap off pithy phrase like, 'your right Kevin', or my favorite, often spewed by Sean and his ilk, ' I have to agree with Roger".

No one thinks it is a great company anymore, that is the big joke of this thread.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to hear from ex Amgen employees that were able to escape this madness!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I'm serious, this is not a joke! Every recruiter that I speak to want to know why I would want to leave AMGEN-just like you and I thought, this was once a great company. I'm in the BHBU and I feel like I was sold on coming here and how great it was but it's nothing like I was promised!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is completely true. Why do you want to leave Amgen? You really do not want to say that my manager is stupid RSD is a dictator, and the rest of the douche bags above the RSD do not know s%$ from Shinola. I would like to know how to explain to a prospective employer that I want to leave Andersonville, the Gulag, Buchenwald, or Auschwitiz, with a smile I am not a prisioner, I can leave at any time. But there is this perception that Club Amgen is a great place. You can check out and leave.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's like the the Eagles song...Hotel California...."Such a lovely place....you can check in but you can never check out" .........Insanity keeps us here folks... The paycheck is hard to walk away from even in the most toxic work environment.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about a lovely place, but BHBU is losing more reps than you think!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can think of 2 that just left and 2 more that are very close. This unit SUCKS ..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know what you are talking about. I decided to leave Amgen after 10 years. It took me three months of not-at-all-intense job searching to find a great gig with more responsibility and better compensation. I found that having Amgen on my resume was a big plus. True, the company is suffering from piss-poor leadership and is probably on an irreversible slide, but it still breeds skill and competency in the middle ranks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of us were lured here by a sign on bonus and huge salary increase (well into 6 figures)....now, there is no one that wants to touch salary, and no one wants to pay you less than what you were making because they wonder why would you want to make less.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People are escaping the BHBU, but HR is careful to protect management in exit interview feedback. I suggest you begin comparing weekly VP reports to see who is leaving... It takes a while for the names to drop off. Call those who leave and ask how they got out... Look at our roster from last year for contact info. One district has had 3 leave in 2 months. You can get out so keep looking!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got news for you, there has and will continue an Exodus away from this BHBU, it has already started and just watch. 6 in my region from the first of the year!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you clarify "HR is careful to protect management in exit interview feedback"?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want clarification why don't you directly ask those who have left? The rest of us are afraid to talk.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some who left were not even offered an exit interview. Amgen is afraid of what they have to say, apparently.
    If you are afraid to talk, then you have a Manager who has never managed before, or is just incompetent because she/he can't engender trust from their team.

I guess this has become the Amgen way.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a fearful environment and HR does protect management. The Amgen culture in general protects management. It used to be a culture where management served staff. Now it is a culture where staff serve management. And management is neither humble, knowledgeable, in touch, kind, or worthy. Management is self interested, game the numbers, egotistical, and lead via intimidation. There are no VPs who inspire, develop or motivate staff to get the best out of them. The leaders are good presenters, show boaters and many are amazing actors and actresses or truly immature in an emotional, spiritual (and I'm not talking about Christianity here), or humanistic level. They are addicted to their egos, self importance, their own adrenaline, and their image.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More and more people will be leaving this place, it just sucks! I wonder how it looks to Amgen Management when people resign-a good or bad thing. The other post was right, it takes up to four weeks for names to drop off the VP report once people leave but more are leaving each day! I'm miserable and trying to get out of here. I've had a few interviews and it's just a matter of time, getting closer and closer to an offer. I can't wait for the exit interview, I can't wait to tell Amgen what this experience has truly been like! Also, give it some time, Amgen is in for it with the way they are promoting the billing codes, just watch! Time will tell! So unethical!