Merit increases?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2%

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1.8%

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3.5%

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you at 3.5%. You must have done well. TP rating.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also got 3.5% with a 5% bonus.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3%

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

severanced

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just filed. Check out form 8K (SEC--- re management compensation). The board sure thinks they are a grand group. I see nothing re the other company employees' compensation.

That's life!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just read the 8K- severance for senior VPs changed from 3 times to 2 times annual salary. I'm not a SVP, so yes, you are correct, there is nothing in there for mid executive level staff or other employees.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They seem to think more about themselves and nothing about the regular employees and their perks. There are three things that would (in my opinion) raise the share price: Cut overhead; give regular dividends as an apology for the poor share performance and severing Mr. Sharer from Amgen. He has been a one man operation and his performance, poor, in my opinion, which reflects in the share deterioration.

That brings me to why don't the shareholders have access to the meetings and minutes? We really don't know what is going on, for the present and the future.

Denosumab was supposed to be the money replacement for diving sales of Aranesp. The so-far sales have been lower than hoped and the pipeline, although lengthy, has no multi blockbuster potential, I can see. I hope the long term disproves me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you got hired at a good salary because the merit increases are a joke! For a top performer to be "rewarded" with a 3.5% increase is just sad. That barely covers the annual cost of living increase we face in California. That used to be the increase we got for average or below average performance at my prior companies. Times are obviously very different now. However, I do feel lucky to be employed and getting a good paycheck.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5% merit...top performer

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea Right , who did you give a blow job to?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, this just looks so unintelligent. These boards and posts can make a difference but your comments discredit the dialogue.

BTW- 5% is not even good. My TP staff member received over 20%, my S received around 15% further making your comment inappropriate and creating a terrible atmosphere.

All thoughts and ideas are good, but the manner in which they are expressed matters. You will be more successful if you communicate in a more intelligent and thoughtful manner. If this is what you think is appropriate, then it would not surprise me that you are not doing well on the job. It also suggests immaturity.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pardon me, but I believe you are talking about bonus, not merit?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be glad you got anything. The product has not done well. The company is generous even if the pot is small. Lots of people out there without a job. Be grateful.