Sales openings?

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems from your company's website that there are several openings in sales. Is this from turnover? Thinking of applying...can anyone shed light on why these territories are open right now?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's two. Idiot.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your statement; "There is (There's) two" and you're calling that poster the 'idiot'?? LOL

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turnover. Probably. The turnover here is horrendous...on the NAM side. Alot of times they won't post openings and go through linked in. Good luck applying. You'd better be a Presidents Club winner or they most likely won't hire you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you hire because of Presidents Club, you're an ass

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many reps have been in and out in Philadelphia & Baltimore? Those territories are like turnstiles!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Three Nam positions posted in last 2 days.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. One of those NAM positions is again one of the original hires on the NAM team back in late 2010. Great rep (former Presidents Club winner) and so that was a loss! However, I am sure the corporate leadership doesn't see it that way. More to come.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add, NAM in Chicago to the list, 3 Chicago NAMs all gone in last 3 months.
    (3 separate territories) all 3 where original's now all gone in last 3 months.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first NAM to the north of the Chicago/Rockford territories(Milwaukee) left In July and was also from inaugural training class. I heard MM & DP have recommended to MF to make name tags mandatory at the district meetings to help avoid confusion.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, the turnover in that district is unprecedented.
    Milwaukee WI. - gone
    Rockford IL. - gone
    Chicago city - gone
    Chicago burbs - gone

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very similar to the New England district last year at this time. If you're looking for a field sales position here at Avanir, don't fret, a rep will vacate their territory soon enough.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened in Chicago area is exactly what happened in New England- a couple reps got treated like dirt and let go and the other reps said to themselves, "this place really sucks, I'm out of here". Fact.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their RBM is now LTC representative supposedly by choice(maybe they were going to put him on a plan and he knows what that means at Avanir!). I wonder what really is the turnover rate at Avanir? These were all original representatives. Haven't some, if not several territories turned over at least 2 to 3 times now? I know there is a Philadelphia east & a west territory but it seems like they are constantly hiring for a position there and now I see there is a NAM & LTC position is open right now. Has some of these territories now on their 4th rep possibly? Is Baltimore same type of situation?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its really sad how many people come and go here....that speaks volumes

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. It is sad. But they just don't care. More to come. They should be embarrassed by the turnover!!!!!!! MM loves it. It's his weekly turn on! Numbers on Thursday, another rep quits or is fired on Friday!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why the Blood Bath in Chicago ??
    Low sales growth there ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not low growth. Not ENOUGH growth!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Not enough growth! The Wisconsin territory was in good standing for Presidents Club last fiscal year and had done well since lauch. The two Chicago territories had done well but the last year struggled to keep up. One was a former winner of Presidents Club. What new hires dont know but will soon understand is that it doesn't matter that you go "over" your baseline and overachieve! Avanir sets the baselines so you would think going over would keep you safe. It doesn't. If you don't hit a certain number then you are in trouble. There are many territories with REALLY good reps that aren't even hitting 10 a week an those are the territories that are or will be in trouble. There are also territories with more than 10 a week (much more) and if these reps don't "double their business" by end of year......you get a ton of heat. We have lost so many incredibly talented people due to being fired or leaving on their own because of this! I know of two people on a PIP now with good numbers but haven't outperformed to corporate expectations! I also know of one rep on a PIP well under 10 a week and they should have never hired for this territory anyway! It isn't "their" fault and you could put any one of us in this territory and it would not perform.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said above... I can speak with knowledge of three of the reps(Wisco/Chicago area,Do not know much about the other or fourth rep). Of these three, all were excellent representatives who played by the rules and were well respected by their peers and immediate Managers. These three all had quite a bit of corporate touches and always engaged in all company initiatives. Those three all left basically for the same reason from my understanding- Discontented with culture(only thing that matters is #'s no matter how they are attained) and felt they were not valued as they should have been for their contributions to the organization. Looking at fourth quarter NAM#'s, Most of the top ten or so territories are in clusters. If you took out a handful of territories that are geographically together such as the NY city territories(Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan), some Texas territories(along with the bordering Oklahoma territory) a couple of Louisiana territories(with a bordering MS territory), and see how these territories have performed. I think Cleveland is somewhat of an anomaly of surpassing their surrounding/adjacent territories dramatically. By analyzing fourth quarter NAM#'s its amazing to think what they do in our sales leadership meetings(Knowing our leadership). MM probably says "Besides Cleveland almost everyone in midwest can't tie their shoes" "New England are all loafers" "Besides Sacramento, everyone North of SoCal are all Bums"" Besides Jacksonville, they must all be laying out in the sun everyday down in Florida". Put them all on Plans DP!