WHY LINZESS KILLS MICE

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just met with a GI today who saw your booth at the ACG in Las Vegas. He asked, "The Linzess booth didn't have much information. What do you think about your newest competitor?" He was surprised to learn that it has a black box warning and asked why. I told him, "It's because Linzess causes a significant electrolyte imbalance and kills young mice. Just imagine if a patient's children or grand children got ahold of it and ate it. Would you want to take that chance?" He responded that he couldn't believe the FDA would approve a drug that dangerous. Good luck selling the rat poison!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine if your wife was unknowingly pregnant, you know the first month or two before most women find out. She then took her Amitiza and your unborn child died as a result of her taking the prostaglandin abortion pill for her IBS. It's a crazy world out there, makes you wonder how many other unborn children died as a result of taking their Amitiza when the mother didn't know she was pregnant.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey baby killer, I also forgot to say..

I'm sorry you didn't get the job

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uhh, Linzess is pregnancy category C as well.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read your PI amitiza tool boy. Linzess does not cause abortions, nor is a pregnancy test required prior to starting therapy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you plan to convince doctors that your Pregnancy Category C drug is safer for women than other Pregnancy Category C drugs- Good luck with that!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, read your own PI jackass. Amitiza does indeed kill unborn children in guinea pigs!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm really sorry you didn't get the job. Forest has some open positions and they have many contract sales teams that work with them. Perhaps you should try to work at one of those companies since Ironwood didn't work out for you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The abortifacient activity of lubiprostone is evident in the data from the pregnant guinea pig study. A preliminary range-finding study showed that abortions occurred in 4% of pregnant females at a dose of 5 micrograms per kilogram (µg/kg). That study was followed by a second, larger study showing dose-dependent abortions beginning at 1 µg/kg. Abortions occurred in 0%, 3.8%, 8.0%, and 19% (0, 1, 10, 25 µg/kg) (see Figure 1). There were 22 to 26 pregnant guinea pigs for each dose. The 1 µg/kg dose in guinea pigs is approximately the same exposure as the 48 µg dose in women.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C=Linzess=Amitiza= Same safety for women. If you can't make that conclusion then it explains why Takeda fired you during the last layoff and why you had to take the Ironwood job. Good luck selling with a black box warning!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, chill with the not getting the job thing. When the recruiter emailed me the drug, I didn't even respond. I'm glad you found a job though, especially since you'll be talking cc and ibs-c, only creating more awareness. But seriously, even if you run the table and put amitiza in the ground, plecanatide is going to bend you over hard. How's your pipeline?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says the troll that is always posting on a companies site he doesn't work for...LOL

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Data from animal reproduction studies performed by Sucampo Pharmaceuticals and submitted to the FDA indicate that pregnant guinea pigs treated with Amitiza at doses two to six times higher than the highest recommended human doses between days 40 and 53 of gestation experienced fetal loss, also known as miscarriage.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a REAL GI company, selling UC and Crohns meds. Unlike you, I'm actually a specialty rep and do not call on PCP's. I had a lot of former colleagues come work here, that is why I "troll" this site, as you put it. Just think it is really funny everyone jumped ship to sell a baby killing product.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop with I know you did not get the job.

The fact that these drugs are preg C , so what many drugs are.

The problem will be safer OTC drugs remember Zelnorm.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an absolute moron. Let me address your 3 points here.

1 - Zelnorm - was not removed due to CV's with women of child bearing age, this happened in elderly patients. Since you sell Amitiza currently, you would know that 95% of docs felt it was BS that Zelnorm was removed in the way that it was.

2 - Pregnancy Cat C, really? You think this means anything? Nobody is suggesting that we will be targeting actual pregnant women for this drug. Millions of women of child bearing age (that is old enough to be pregnant, but not actually pregnant-in case you don't understand what that means) are currently on SSRI therapy, just one example. Here's the big difference between these SSRI's, Linzess and Amitiza. The label for Amitiza states a woman of child bearing age must have a negative pregnancy test and be monitored on contraceptive therapy while on Amitiza. Amitiza is a derivative of a prostaglandin, same one as misoprostol actually. Learn your science, you will then understand why prostaglandins are abortion pills. Okay, get it?

3 - About you not getting the job at Ironwood. Please tell us the feedback you were given from the recruiters, or did you actually make it to a face-to-face with management? I'm really curious the reasons on why they didn't send you on? Could be your business acumen?

4 - Here's a bonus. Since you are the OP of this thread, here's the difference between Ironwood and Takeda. Ironwood will ethically address the boxed warning for peds. Takeda swept under the rug the issue that Amitiza is a derivative of the same prostaglandin that misoprostol is from. Fortunately, there were many Novartis reps in the field that were able to consult the docs about this. Since Linzess is a IBS drug, you will see the patient population that will be targeted are these women of child bearing age (not peds, and remind you those women must take a preg test and be monitored on contraceptive therapy while on Amitiza).

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch

The OP was schooled!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've conveniently never answered my question of why there is no electrolyte balance data in your package insert. The answer is because it didn't look good and Ironwood dumped it into the "on file" category. That's why it isn't safe for mice/young people. Your abortion non-sense will make you look like idiots in the near-term future when Amitiza gets approved for children! That's why we don't have a blackbox warning and you do. Don't worry. We'll let the GI's know why you got the blackbox warning.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a genius riding to school on the short bus, data can't be "on file" and not included in PI. The FDA is making up for years of looking the other way and now requiring all clinical trial data be included in PIs. Let the drs know about our black box warning, ped GIs aren't in our target base anyway

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your non-sense electrolyte argument has made you look like an idiot since 2006. Tell me why Miralax and PEGs have 90% share, while Amitiza struggles for 10% of the market? Why is Miralax preferred with docs to use in peds, since electrolyte balance data is so important to you?