Henry Schein involved in Gray Market?

Discussion in 'Henry Schein Dental' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That same report also mentions Patterson's involvement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would explain the Mfrs. never being willing to put any teeth into their "fighting" grey markey products.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

here is the quote from the article: "On a less favorable note, our research indicates HSIC’s consumable growth rate has been aided by unauthorized grey market sales activity. "

where does that say Patterson Dental's involvement?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Northcoast Research doesn't say anything about Pattersons' current involvement in "Gray" market product. There was a time when Patterson (to prove a point of seriousness to the manufaturer, were told) participated. I would be more concerned with Patterson's direct catalog company "Direct Dental" in this economy.

6. King fish

King fish Guest

Schein has been involved in grey for a very long time. What is 3M, Dentsply, Kerr going to do about it? NOTHING! "Please stop selling to unauthorized dealers or...we will be mad. Dealing with Schein corporate for 8 years is like prison sex, you know you're gonna take it but how hard and for how long is the question.
    Schein-"Give us 20k to advertise in our flyer"
    MFG-"No thanks, we do not see the ROI"
    Schein-"OK, we won't run any national promotions/marketing initiatives with you for the next 6 months"
    MFG-"Uh, would you prefer product or a check?"
    This industry is soooo ass backwards.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Schein-"Give us 20k to advertise in our flyer"
    MFG-"No thanks, we do not see the ROI"

Real Business Reply: MFG- Schein, Fuck You. We have a truly new, researched and vetted product that addresses a real need the customer has, not some me-too, mine-is-cheaper piece-of-shit knock off with more 'margin' for your sorry ass business. One more word about ad money and WE WILL CUT YOU OFF.

Schein-"OK, we won't run any national promotions/marketing initiatives with you for the next 6 months"

Real Business Reply: MFG- Great ! We will put out a trade press release today. Fuck You Schein. You're outta here. Take a taxi to the airport. Here's a ham sandwich and a bottle of water for the trip.

MFG-"Uh, would you prefer product or a check?"

Real Business Reply: MFG- to Customer- I agree, doctor, it's so much easier, efficient and mostly cheaper to buy direct eliminating dealer margin and sales-related overhead, thank you for your order. Your credit card will be charged upon shipment, weill automatically open a new account for you and you can track your shipment with this number on the internet. Have I answered all your questions? Of course I will send you a catalog. Now that you have an open account, you may place orders, check on your account, pay your balances 24/7 at your covenience. You may also use our information center to research and compare products so you do not have to waste valuable treatment time dealing with useless, lying, stupid and clueless retail sales people.

MFG- to Customer- Thank you for your business.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Move over Healthco. Some of your homies headed your way to extinction.

You'll have plenty of company soon. The weak sisters are due to croak soon.

and GOOD RIDDANCE to the tired, outdated, inefficient dental dealer-distributor network (cartel).

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep pushing your gray market products. An example will be made of one of your customers soon enough.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Keep pushing your gray market products. An example will be made of one of your customers soon enough."

Please put the crack pipe/scotch bottle down before posting. Try to keep your thoughts lucid and intelligable. This is not the Federal Government.

Thank you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patterson Dental does not own, is affiliated with, or has any interest in Direct Dental. Come on, really?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Customer to MFG -

"So you want me to sign up with you and all the other MFG companies seperate, have different accounts to sign into and track instead of one place like Schein, Patterson, Benco, Darby, Pearson or some other local distributor company? I don't think you realize the time and effort that takes? It may sound good in concept but when we have a busy office and all the other things to do, every minute adds up. 15 minutes doing that could be 15 minutes of chair time making money instead of placing an order. I suggest you mend things with what ever distributor companies you need to and fast."

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I suggest you mend things with what ever distributor companies you need to and fast."

I suggest you learn to delegate your precious 'chair time' to a staffer that is paid a fraction of what your invaluable 'chair time' is 'worth' that can simply order consummables like any brain dead imbecile in the 21st Century and never mind your brilliant analysis.

Try understanding THIS concept - theses helpers in your stellar unbelievable 'practice' ie: very small business, shop for groceries all the time. The even buy the other staples of life, from time-to-time. Do you really believe there is anything special about dental supplies ? If you do, you are delusional and may need professional mental heath help. Why not get a checkup anyway, just to be on the safe side ?

Or

Why not keep the statistical certainty of your 'profession' alive by jumping off the roof ?

Get back to your 'chair time' Superman.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW:

Stellar, amazing practicioner above,

Thank you for the written treatment plan. I enjoyed your wonderful reception area, the cookies and your beautiful salt water fish tank. Wow, that must be expensive. I just discussed the tx plan with the immigrant dentist around-the-corner in the new facility, you know, the one that did the 'refresher and prep' course for the state dental boards at the same school you graduated from ? Yeah that one.

She agreed with your findings, btw, however she will perform the exact treatment you planned for 30% less money, she will also take no-interest time payments.

I asked her how she could the same high-quality treatment for 30% less and she laughed and told me she does not have high overhead like many dentists and she loves to deliver a lot of high quality care in a new facility for low fees.

We get started on the plan soon. I referred 2 new patients this week, she is so nice. Enjoy that dealer reps company.

Maybe he knows a good bankruptcy attorney.

Fade out.