Bye to Shire

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire is taking the second offer they received today. Too good to turn down. Shire is now done. Pack your bags everyone

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? I don't think so.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Second offer? That was weeks ago! The latest is the fourth offer and it wasn't actually put to the Shire board, it was pulished in a regulatory announcement. The likely outcome is that the board will reject the offer, the question is will they then participate in talks or give ABBV the cold shoulder. In my opinion ABBV is going to struggle to justify stumping up much more cash and stock on this, their shareholders are already unhappy.

In any event, trolling on CP won't protect your from losing money if the stock goes south, seeing as you are clearly a hopeful carpet-bagger. I hope Shire remains independent so the fantastic people that work here can carry on doing an excellent job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't let that AbbVie and their "Promise for lies" get you. Play hardball. Hold out for more money. They will ruin you. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing there. Mostly the only things their hands are doing is stuffing chips and snarfing down cakes and soda in meaningless meetings. Fight them with all you have. Don't do it, I tell you. Oh, that AbbVie and their caste system culture will be the bane of your existence. Don't do it. The company still uses styrofoam cups. Middle aged bald and paunchy men wink at women. They will take you back to the stone age. Be smart. DON'T DO IT.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're fooked!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing signed yet, could take months and politics in the bag now too so anything could happen - check the share price deal says £53, market says £47 - that's a fair few £billion of risk priced in.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbie spun from Abbott will buy Shire and then do as Abbott did and fire half of the Shire folks. Do not be fooled by Abbvie/Abbott. The same mantra. Thet will gut Shire in 5yrs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5 years? I'll take that scenario. If you can't find a better job in 5 years then you should be gutted.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are screwed. Be afraid.