Care Transition Coordinator

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to say that I didn't stay a month in this horrible position! I am an RN with 25 years in the ED and 14 years of sales and business development at the C- suite level. The pay was appalling, and the company car doesn't come for 90 days. The mileage reimbursement was .45 a mile BUT, Amedisys doesn't not pay to enter or exit the territory. I ate $600 for gas last month. Calling on Assisted living facilities and chasing your tail with Medicare is not sales, it is Case management and the worst job in nursing!! I just moved to this area and should have known better with the awful reviews this company has. My Manager required 7 days a week on call at no extra pay and I worked with 2 LPN's with the same job title. I have a BSN and half way through an MBA- that is just wrong- this is an upgrade job for an LPN but, a disgrace for an RN. My boss treated me like an entry level primary care rep- I was absolutely shocked. The after hours admin with this job is not worth the pay and stress. Stay away- there is a reason the current rep wants out badly- she is stressed and abused in this position.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Was there for many years, most spend trying to get out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where I was, Amedisys has a horrible reputation among facilities. Talking about hospice. So Business Development VP pushes for ANY admissions from the hospital. The nurses afraid to loose their jobs so they admit. BD area VP is a joke. VP over PA and NJ is uneducated grandma. Too many titles- you have to search for educated leaders with magnifying glass. And no, they are not leaders, they lead nobody. Just stuck up people who are in no way know how to bring company to success.
    Good for you that you have left. It's a rottening company. They got too high- going to hurt to fall down for sure.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO RN should possess the same job title as a BSN!!!!!! LPN's at best can wipe rear ends in a nursing home but, RN's have a plethora of choices. I was shocked that my boss thought this was remotely acceptable to back slide of benefits she offered. The best part was paying for my own lunch at business meetings. I guess they need to conserve cash for Bills fraud charges??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, Bill is no longer there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This position to be honest is not needed any more in the company. Between AEs and offices, just not needed. We don't even implement a "Care Transitions" program as the company claims. You RNs are very talented and unless you are fabulous at sales, no need. Position just seems like a clerical, data entry position. I hear they are phasing this role out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it depends how you look at it. In the Center in New Jersey, where I work, the AE don't know the criteria for admissions to hospice. One AE had an RN after her name- was a disgrace to RNs as entity. So inept. We created a cheat-sheet for another one, so she can at least present the signs and symptoms of a possible hospice patient. She is a joke too.
    RN at least can recognize and fit the patient under criteria for hospice care.
    I think its a good idea to AE's to have at least some kind of the idea why are they selling hospice to MD's and facilities. I don't mean it in derogatory way, every one is a professional at their own field, but nobody can explain hospice better than a hospice nurse. My opinion.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree , somewhat . Well than that's the poor hiring choice in your area. Where I come from the AEs are somewhat seasoned and one is clinical and fantastic. And I am from HH , but same concept . The RNs should be more involved with operations, 100% ! More involvement with follow up, making sure things get opened on time, patient care coordination. You all should not be wasting time in BD involvement , especially when majority complain about sales. I wish company would change this part.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You AE's are nothing but throw away Pharma reps at this company and yes I agree the CTC's here barely have an LPN or ADN degree- Disgraceful in the nursing world! But . Y Don't sit on a horse that you don't belong on!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess you're one of those fat, lazy middle aged nurses. Probably divorced and pissed off at the world. Do you think referral sources want to see you? By the way, you don't know as much as you think. Keep posting on this site while the rest of us enjoy our lives. In closing, I would like to provide advice from a famous movie. "Going through life fat, ugly and stupid is no way to live." Think about it!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think going forward this is a position that needs to be evaluated. Alot of the nurses in this position are not strong sales reps and that is what you need! There is nothing about the job that requires a LPN, RN, BSN. To the poster that says that an AE cannot present hospice or criteria to ref source is wrong! Any good sales rep can learn their product or service just as good or better than a nurse. Just saying.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With good ol Bill gone.... I think there will be more changes than just to CTC! Company will prob be reshaped into a leaner version of itself. Read up on why Bill stepped down! MMore to worry about than just credentials to become a CTC

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could've agreed with you, but can't. Speaking from own experience watching the CTC in NJ unable to present hospice to a Cancer Center; unable to present hospice to facilities. Yes, may be lunches are a good way to "buy your way in" but there was no knowledge. Was present on her "sales speeches", horrible. I am an RN.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you should look out for your jobs because a lot of changes are coming including closes more offices they are losseing money in all the offices every day don't trust anyone or anything they are telling you. They put people in positions just to fill the seat

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more! The CTC training me was like screetching cats and I was so embarrassed to be in the same room. The ALF nurse basically asked her to leave- used car salesman technique and definetely not consultative nurse to nurse. She also dressed like white trash! I am also an RN with years of sales experience, this was something else! I excited as fast as I could. My whole Care center had new AE's laid off from pharma , New DOO, new Clinical Manager! Big hint there.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctor's order for HH certainly do require an RN to take by phone or verbally!- LPN's cannot take them but Amedisys must get some RN to co-sign for them? No one said an AE can't present Hospice! Probably would do a better job- The CTC job is purely Case management job and there is no need to sell if you do the job for the referral source without things falling apart My CTC-RN couldn't sell her a cold drink on a beach! Just horrid :(

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep- that's why I left- average sales reps at least look professional and make an attempt to dress the part- didn't see that here- One wore horse riding pants, riding boots, and had her huge " Moose knuckle" ( beyond Camel toes!) hanging out of her pants, dentures and her curly hair flat ironed to death- Gotta be kidding me! I would refuse to see this person if she approached my office.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our AE dressed like she was still in 60s or 70s with bright multicolor tights and shirts, always heavy neckles and strange shoes. Her hair color was unable to describe. Huge glasses. Scarry. She was let go, not a surprise.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoa, so when I originally posted, not trying to knock down RN's, just stating that as a successful AE, with history and nope not a pharmacy rep ( which I agree, not for our industry) but seasoned, well knowledged with understanding of MDs, snfs, ALFs, etc, the AE role is very critical. I agree , even in my area, we have some horrible sales people. But PR is very important, especially now. The problem is that the company is not thinking and hiring warm bodies.