golden parachute

Discussion in 'Discovery Labs' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its funny.....Dr Clayton is receiving 12 months salary and has not only options but stock awards......discovery gives stock awards???

this company lays people off left and right and gives them nothing .....unless of course your at the top .....hypocritical leaders!!!!...........they expect employees to remain faithful without any guarantees???

the company is an aeurosurf organization by February.......... that is why clayton is gone and this new guy is now an SVP.........

NO BONUS......lay offs after the holidays.........call your recruiter now!

DISCOVERY.....if you really support your people put your money where your mouth is and guarantee EVERYONE 12 months severance............

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It IS very scary. As an employee I'm nervous. This can't last. Don't know what to do. I hope they will give us a decent severence if they let us go. Not easy to find anything out there right now with holidays coming up. Very scary. I know they give higher ups decent severances but for lower downs I don't know. I've worked so hard for a long time. I've got to hope I can find something before they let us go. It's not a good way to spend the holidays. Very scary.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh he'll I was laid off in May. You won't get shit.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kathy C wake up and do what human resources is supposed to do!!

Tell the people what severance exists...............is it a "secret" ???Most companies have a WRITTEN policy.........

recruiters are calling me......they appear to know that surfaxin doors shut by February.....aerosurf is the future.....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dr. clayton received the significant severance to prevent him from spilling dirt.....studies, manipulation of statistics etc....... to much risk and its cheaper to pay him.

reps GET NOTHING!!!! if we did Kathy Cole would have a written policy!!

...........if discovery labs really believes in our future they would offer 12 months to everyone...guaranteed........give us piece of mind!!! nothing to lose if they ACTUALLY THINK WE WILL BE AROUND IN 12 MONTHS......

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess we will find out. Just don't plan big Christmases Save your money. DSCO not known for being humane. I pray it's three months like other companies. My MSL said trying to hire more but don't know why? 8 reps and 3 MSLs is right. Any more MSLs then they r used as sales reps. Should be 1 MSL to 6-10 reps. Makes no sense.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

need more msl because Tracy cant keep a team.....constant issues.....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work here. Remember the launch at the Mutter museum? What's going on nowadays at Dsco? Is surfaxin a Viable product? Seems like there was some limited use coming out of Ca but what about rest of nation? I also hear some reps were hired to fill open territories only to be let go after 3 months. Is this true and if so WTF?! Just curious.

From and old DLer.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Poa meetings were always so full of crap. Always building us up with nothing new. Why not have given usstudies to show direct comparisons to other surfactants? Surfaxin showed have been launched at a very low price to gain share and experience rapidly. I knew there was going to be a huge problem when they brought Tracy C on. She was at a sales rep level, not a pharmacist/nurse/pa and could not bring the group together she makes enemies and caused a lot of trouble one face to corporate and another to the field. Very unfair, showed favoritism. Maybe they will see that at some point that she's not an msl manager but good sales rep

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

another recruiter called me Friday..........they know something....... heard layoffs in February to avoid bonus payments ....
    who knows if this is true but I am concerned.

the post above is right...if the company is not planning layoffs why not tell us what the severance package is....or guarantee us 12 months??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish they would too. Some companies are now putting it into employment contracts. Shows integrity and builds loyalty. If they just say up front 3 months severance with health benefits plus pro-rated bonus, people will feel less threatened and not look for other positions during tough times (like currently at DSCO). It's the right thing to do, and emotes will be more likely to stay.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was laid off in spring.....I was given a lousy severance and then asked for more and got a little something extra......far from good but more than some.........it is very sad that they don't care about the employees..........

I suggest you start looking people.........don't wait for a bonus it aint happening.........

if discovery labs was smart they would tell the employees that you get 12 months and a guaranteed 50% bonus............it would retain people....but I don't think they care..........either way I got screwed...........I am sure I am not the last so be careful

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Old DLer here. What's the deal with the layoffs? It is based on rep performance or performance of the company? Are they back filling positive after firing the rep? I just don't understand what their end goal is. Who are the remain reps from the original launch two years ago? MH and SS still there?