Digirad Corp. offers to buy PDI

Discussion in 'PDI Dedicated' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday PDI rejected the unsolicited acquisition offer of Digirad, must have been super low. Stock up .30 today. Board member quits this morning, he had Digirad association in his background. What's going on?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not an inside guy nor an investor, but looks to me that this sale may happen. If he has ties to the pursuing company it's probably a legal conflict of interest for him to have a seat on the board in this instance.

Who the hell is digirad? Sounds like a crappy 80's sci-fi movie.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Digital and radiology...Diagnostic imaging. They probably see the share price as an opportunity to pick up the newly purchased diagnostic aspect of PDI at a bargain... Which would mean the core business of CSO sales would probably go bye bye... Just my opinion.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that is a good opinion. What's happening is the two dominant CSOs, inventive and publicis, are getting most contracts. This buyout will allow another form of CSO? My bet is that any Pharma contract here will be gone as soon as this deal goes thru.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

digirad represents 'radical' 'digital' penetration of the rektus stinkus

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love Digirad's counter letter. It really drives home how bad the company is doing. Here are some nice highlights:

"The current Board of PDI, on the other hand, has overseen significant destruction of stockholder value as its financial performance has steadily deteriorated during the past five years.

During the timeframe of the reconstituted Board's tenure at Digirad, the PDI share price has declined by 78% (from February 6, 2013 to October 29, 2014).
    During the 1-year, 3-year and 5-year periods ended October 29, 2014, the PDI share price has declined by 69%, 75% and 67%, respectively.
    During 2009 through the second quarter of 2014, PDI has generated negative earnings of a cumulative $6.02 per share loss and has not had a single profitable year.
    PDI's gross margins have eroded from 30.5% in 2009 to 16.2% in 2013, and has only reported positive EBITDA in two of the past 5 years while showing a cumulative EBITDA loss of $12 million during this same period."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what goes around, comes around, they treat employees like dirt, even when you're down or sick, shame on you PDI management, you're getting what you deserve

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as if they have been focused on the CSO business this year? hardly

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they do. Too self important to see their own in-decision, bad decision, or incompetence. There is not a single person on the EC team who is capable of running a lemonade stand. They literally spend all day in meetings swirling in meaningless drama while the company goes down the drain. This was only a matter of time.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check the filings, insiders started to buy stock.Very bullish my guess they will do a dance soon with drad