Sitting through the office-based reps award dinner?

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Oct 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is this new schedule for the National meeting????? We have to sit through a wall to wall filled room feeling like herded cattle and watching people we don't even know accepting awards for selling 10 scripts???? I don't even like watching celebrities accept awards. Can this be any more gagging????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to MNK. You will not have one minute of free time. The 'free nights' on your agenda are NOT free. They will be filled with 'optional' events in which attendance is taken and your presence is required though, again, 'optional.'
    Just be glad you don't have a roommate. Welcome to MNK!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a horrendous schedule. This alone will make everyone want to quit. I Have vomit in my mouth just thinking I have to go to these bogus primary care events. My team is already strategizing how we are getting ourselves out of this fraud of an award dinner. How can they have an award dinner when the launch was a complete (yes complete) dismal failure and they let go half the sales force? From what I understand, only 2 reps even made quota. Don't have an awards dinner just to have a "dog and pony" show. Don't subject the hospital specialty team to a narcotic award dinner! This is a big mistake. I agree with the OP. We don't even know these people and we have to sit through a boring award dinner. This is some real genius' way of instantly merging the company. Huge mistake. Big.

No offense, but we don't want to hang out with these people. This isn't a kumbaya moment. We don't want them to try and sell our product. This will completely ruin our reputations, relationships, and access!

I want to know who makes these stupid decisions? Hugh? Whoever they are, they are complete idiots.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is such an insult to our division and all the hard work and diligence we have put into OFIRMEV. I am insulted by the schedule and the attempt for management to merge us together for a social evening out and make us spectators of their award banquet. I'd rather be a bridesmaid at my worst enemy's wedding and have to sit through the reception than to sit through this freak sideshow production.

I have been doing this for a lot of years and have never been thrown into a situation like this. I didn't work my tail off to take 10 steps back. This is a joke and a slap in the face to all of us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My jaw dropped when I saw the schedule. Is this for real? What a waste of our time. Just let me stay in my territory and let me do my damn job. I don't need to play in the sand box with a narcotic Xartemis rep. Haven't you all gotten horrible feedback from your docs when they realize they come from the same company? I have. We are not that type of sales person and we don't want to be affiliated with that type. What's not to get?

Here is hoping my flight gets cancelled!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to break it to you but you are wearing a hot pink satin hoop skirt and donning a bouquet of carnations at Hugh and Stacy's wedding. Just tell your management not to roll over and yield when they start playing "here comes the bride". Someone needs to stand up to this bitch before she destroys Cadence like she did MNK

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, I think the current leaders at Cadence are pretty wimpy and just trying to get a good year in with their new "titles" and then they will quit. It looks good on a resume. I think you would call them "yes" men. RSL wouldn't be putting up with this sh*t that is for sure and would definitely tell Stacy where to shove it.
    Most of the Cadence reps are very tenured with successful track records and can get new jobs. Most came for the culture and not to put up with this bullsh*t. Secondly, when a second drug is added and if it is not novel and very good, most will quit. Just putting that out there as no one has any intention of selling a piece of sh*t. If the hospital sales division were given Xarelto, 90% of managers and sales reps would quit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*correction the other "x" drug Xartemis

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously... You sell Tylenol ! It's not rocket science and you are no better than any of the specialty reps on the other side.. They are not " Primary care" reps. I used to work for MNK but left over a year ago. Saw this post and had to laugh.

Yes the company has gone downhill but it is not the reps fault. So don't cope a "holier then thou" attitude. You all seem to think you are way more important than you really are. And from the looks of this board, do a lot a whining.

The other reps that are left got dealt this hand; you too may be in the same boat one day because this industry is forever changing.

I have sold products across many specialities and sell in hospitals presently. There's nothing special about being a hospital rep. So put your big girls and boys pants on and grow up!!

If you truly will" throw up in your mouth". Then you should be somewhere that likes drama queens and kings.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did u guys get the schedule. I'm from the Cadence side and we don't have shit!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi idiot. First, it's not Tylenol. So right off the bat, you haven't got a clue. If you had any brain cells you would know that. Second, no one believes for a second you have sold in the hospital environment.

This is the most pathetic post I have ever read. "I used to work for MNK but left over a year ago. Saw this post and had to laugh." Whoever wrote this.....you are pathetic. If you don't work here, and you are trolling this site, you are a no-life loser. More than likely, you were one that was just "let go." Shooo and go away.

I love this too.... Quote "Holier then thou". This is so rich LOL. I mean, is this for real? My 8 year old spells better. No wonder you are gone. Your were and they are....primary care reps. That's what my surgeons think of them as well.

You are a loser

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jimmy Di Puppet...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, the MNK reps are no happier with this situation than the Cadence reps are. You would probably be well served to drop the "holier than thou" attitude though. You are no better than we are. You will soon see why every single MNK rep wants to leave. It would make it easier for us to try to work together and make the best of this mess until we all get new jobs.

As a MNK rep, I have launched this dog product and have done well enough to keep my job. My reward for that? My territory gets taken away and given to someone else and now I have to start from scratch in a brand new territory that is 2 hours from home and over twice the size of my previous one. We have to put up with SC, HO and MT and their questionable decisions. And now we hear how much the Cadence reps look down their noses at us. There is some very good talent at MNK. Unfortunately none of it is in Senior Management. Again, we have no issue with you guys but we do deserve to be treated with the same respect you feel that you deserve. And I am sorry that sitting through an awards dinner for us is so distasteful to you. But while you are unhappy about it because you feel it is a waste of time (which it is) we are also unhappy because many good people were let go and their lives turned upside down due to the
    incompetence of MNK Senior Mgt. So whe you are sitting there bored, we will be sitting there thinking of our friends, good people who lost their jobs because of incompetence. We want to be there probably even less than you do. Treat hs with respect and you will get respect in return. We are both stuck in a sinking ship. We need to cooperate and make the best of it as long as we are still there. Lets all try to get along and make the best of it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. We all need to realize that all us reps, no matter which sales force we are in, are at the mercy of the idiots making decisions about us in St. Louis. They don't know what they are doing, we can all agree on that big time. So why bitch at each other? We are all basically in the same boat, and hate it as much as you all do. Haven't you all heard the old saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend? MNK and Cadence reps should be friends for gosh sakes!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is that this will be a terrible meeting. No offense to the office based reps but I agree with the original post. It makes absolutely no sense for the office team to pick up our product and will make matters worse. These two sales groups should not ve meshing together at all for so many reasons. This will be the worst meeting I've ever attended I'm sure.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're serious? Everyone has been complaining about this schedule. This will go down in the record books of one of the worst pharmaceutical meetings ever. This merge is a huge mistake and like someone else pointed out, an insult to our division. If this is a big PHARMA meeting, this will further emphasize the need to quit as none of us want to work in an environment like that.

Including the hospital team at this meeting is a waste of time and company resources. We won't even know what our exact territories are now until we get get back home from the meeting. It's just for PR.

If I'm desperate enough to work for a big Pharma company, then I will go with one that has a huge R&D portfolio and gives their employees better benefits like a car

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a Cadence rep and I don't look down to anyone. I don't know what to expect at this meeting but if I don't like what I see it will be auto pilot for the rest of the year and start looking once again. I met my MNK rep and this person is totally cool! My docs love this person. We all work for the same company now so yes we should support each other!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one is looking down at anyone here, but having two reps talking to a physician about the same drug is a big mistake and physocians will not like that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. This is nothing personal to the office based reps but copromoting any product results in negative consequences. Physicians like one point of contact only. I myself have been put in two very similar situations. The first was many years ago as one primary car rep and then turned into two of us calling on the same docs. The second was as a hospital rep co promoting a second product. Both situations ended up making the relationships and sales worse. We each would have offices tell us they are extremely busy and would only allow one of us to call on them. This happened on several occasions and it only emphasized to the physicians and staff we worked for a big company that only was concerned for sales. Not the physician and practice relationship and not for the patient. It was as if the company was saying we don't care about any of those things or you having a single point of contact. We just want to jam this drug down your throats.
    Some may have negative things to say about Cadence but I loved the culture and treating us like adults. They understood and let us do our jobs without piling on the excess paperwork in an attempt to justify someone's job or department. Early indications of things going on now show that Mallinckrodt just doesn't get it or they just don't care.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am extremely disappointed with this decision. I enjoy being a team player in other capacities but have no desire to co promote a product I am selling. I joined Cadence for that small culture and mentality. Unfortunately this has sealed my decision to find a new job despite loving the product I sell.