No cell/internet for you!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2015 at 8:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of the Brits. Do you know that PS and PH pay nothing for their kids 5 figure private schools? As well as other things. Want a place to cut? How about starting there?

If public school is good for the minions, then it should be good enough for our leadership. If they want to send their kids to a private school, then they should pay for it. I mean it isn't like they aren't making enough $.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If my $25/month cut back is worth it, I want to know what every person in management and HQ has to give up. And it better be way more than 25/month

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you know this how?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The benefit is reasonable cost health insurance almost equal to current bimonthly paycheck deductions between 55 and 65 - when Medicare kicks in at 65. No one around the age of 55 even thinks they will make it to 65 here since almost ALL of the older folks - even in field sales - are cast aside for the 42 year old geniuses that run the place. No room for the aged - weed them out and take away what they spent 30 years working towards - poof.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of CRY-babies, no wonder AZ is going down, plus the docs and lunhes, they got tired of your bullSh*t.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take your meds now ! Have a good night sleep , watch out for the fire works and sharp knives and hopefully this will pass .

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cry babies? How about all the grandstanding at meetings and Town Hall BS. No one asks what's really on their mind and we waste a lot of money

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last time the company nickel and dimed with cost-cutting measures like no cell and internet , they were making cost-cuts of a similar nature all over the company and it was right before the Astra and Zeneca merger. I've heard they are making other nickel and dime cost-cutting measures at hq as well though not sure about cell and internet since they don't pay for cell and internet for everyone at hq like they do for the field. May be smart, may make you wonder.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is common with "ex-pat" packages. Typically, the receiving country (US in this case) pays for full salary, housing allowance (think 10-15k a month), car rental/allowance and if needed, private tuition for kids schools (I guess the Wilmington public schools are not up to par). All of this is paid essentially tax free as the company will gross up/pay the taxes on their behalf as they are still paying taxes in original/home country. That's why the Brits love ex-pat gigs... it's a ton of money in their pocket and their families get a heck of an experience. It's the same for US employees that go to UK, Germany, etc.

Typically, the receiving company/country will budget 2.5x the cost of a similar us headcount to cover all the costs. So in this case... PH and/or PS are truly costing the company a ton. Although I heard PS was promoted to Australia...so he's their cost now.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then sell something dumb ass!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As Captain Sullenberger answered: "Unable."

Unable to sell at AZ, soon to be AX.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great concept that never caught on.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me correct you on one thing. It is not a "perk". Internet service is necessary to do our jobs and they can write that off as a business expense. I do my expense report on my laptop and print my report off on the company printer. I am paying for all the electricity to charge and run my computer, iPad and printer - and I get no reimbursement for that. I store all those promotional materials at my house instead of having a storage unit, and I do not get reimbursed for that. Think of all that they are saving by making us pay for their overhead! I can tell you that if they ever decide to stop paying for internet, I will not be paying for it at my house out of my own pocket. Instead of doing my expense report at night at home, I will be forced to do it during the day at Panera Bread instead of calling on doctors during that time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am on the contract side and have to use my personal vehicle for this job (which by the way I had to pull $15,000 out of my bank account to pay for). You are right it absolutely does suck! I have to sit in my hot car and not run the air conditioning in parking lots and at the train tracks because I am not reimbursed for that gas. I only get reimbursed for mileage, which means my vehicle has to be MOVING!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you on one thing, paying for our internet is way more important than those worthless speaker programs. Reps tell upper management what they want to hear about those programs. The truth is that it is the same doctors that come to those programs. Once the pharma world stopped allowing spouses to attend, it became more difficult to convince the doctors to tell their spouses to eat alone that night. It's the truth. If speaker programs were cut out completely, it would not phase me one bit.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You grow up and learn to speak politely. Also, WE CALL offices to confirm lunches. WE CALL the restaurants to order lunches. WE CALL our counterparts to talk to them. And WE CALL our managers. We use our cell phones for conference calls and teleconferences. And oh, must I also mention that we text to our counterparts and managers too? And when the offices need samples, THEY DO CALL US!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are exactly right! I do not itemize, I just take the standard deduction, so assuming that WE can write it off and get that money back is a JOKE!