Let's be honest with ourselves for a minute

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a long time rep. Been here way before the merger. I came from the Zeneca side. At one time as a rep, you would have productive days. I would really see seven docs and have meaningful sales discussions. Now it is 2015 access is way down and managed care rules. I've had days where I didn't get in one sales call. Yeah I waved to the doc and thanked them for their business. Sure I reported seven or eight calls. When I work with my manager (she is a good one who knows what the score is) I take her to the same docs. Yep it's a milk run. We never talked about it but she knows. I give the company what they want metric wise. I don't complain and I don't talk negative about anyone. I make a good living. I don't get 1% of the job satisfaction I used to. I am firmly convinced we as a sales force do not earn our bloated salaries. We do have some impact on sales but it is very very small. The company can go to Contract reps in a heartbeat and not lose a dime of sales. What are your thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are field reps. What you are saying is very new to me, as I've never been asked "what are your thoughts?". No one gives a cr@p what our thoughts are, but my approved messaging to you is borrowed from every meeting or conference call when we are asked anything. Correct answer is : "I agree".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course. You are absolutely correct. There are some very experienced contract reps out there who know what they're doing and are looking for a paycheck. Bloated salaries are history.
    We have SOME, but limited influence today. If the patient can't fill it, it ain't going to get written

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never been fortunate enough to partner with a competent contract rep. I'm certain they exist, I've just never had the pleasure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shh, don't ruin the secret that everyone recognizes (except for a few lobotomized managers), but no one talks about. It is better to pretend the Emperor wears clothes.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's only because you think too highly or yourself, LeBron

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our DMs depend on us for their jobs. The Regionals rely on us and the DMs and the CBDs rely on the Regionals, DMs, and PSSs and the Nationals rely on the CBDs, Regionals, DMs and PSSs. So you see, without us there is no them so they know we lie our asses off and don't give a shit. Everybody knows this job and their job is a joke, but why cut off your own head to save a worthless company that doesn't give a shit about any of us?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So most of the real work is done in R&D then? Of course even there, commercial wields its influence to come up with some minor tweak of existing drugs to extend patent, or expand label. Or, science gets rushed to beat competitors to market...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DM is playing the same metrics game the rep is. If the DM's reps aren't reporting calls to meet goal then the DM gets a bad rating and a PIP.

It is a game; the RSDs likely have the same game to play only on a different level.

Of course it can't last but neither can zero% interest rates. But it has lasted a loooonng time.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I've earned it as I have more championships than LeBron. Aloha.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not work for this company. You will make $100K but will have no valuable experience to show for it. Stay out or get out of pharma in general. Device and capital equipment sales are where you will see the light. More money and more rewarding - intrinsically.

I worked for AZ for 3 years in my early 20's and moved on to device/capital equipment and couldn't be happier. I honestly view the 3 years I spent with this company as a total waste and wish I would have been smarter about my career path earlier.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This used to be a coveted position. Anyone in their early 20's who landed with AZ, or any big pharma co, was thrilled. Great money, benefits and quality of life.

Not so much anymore.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This position hasn't been respected for decades now. You can make great money if you realize it is temporary and that you will trade your self respect in a few months of doing this.
    You will be ridiculed by moron cows who will eat your free lunch and then insult you at every chance. Most Drs. treat us like the plague and will walk out back doors to avoid us.
    You will start your days late and quit early to avoid the mind killing boredom and abuse.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so surprising to read, a pharama rep who used to work here and left now making more money, better quality of life and has never looked back. Yet here they are posting?

Tell us about the mansion and yacht you own too Elmer.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are going to be totally honest, then answer one basic question; Would you hire and pay you for what you do on a daily basis? Manager or PSS, the answer should be the same. If we are totally honest, HELL NO!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe what you posted is the exact theme of this threat. It's sad but true.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah - I'd pay ME. I'm young, fit, well dressed, am healthy, engaged and attractive. On the other hand, you.....probably not.

-Down N Out N Beverly Pills

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you sound like a model or a Barbie Doll. Just the kind of gel headed clueless twits that ruined this industry. Pizza whores.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salaries are a function of reducing the taxable profits made from our medicines. Salaries help increase the expenses to whittle down the enormous profits. Trust and believe, the big suits have never believed you were worth this much money, but good old fashioned accounting proves paying you is the best thing for the business until the drugs run out.

You benefit by default.