Drinking Pfizer Kool Aid past age 40

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you do it?
    Are the boats and second homes worth it.
    Actually, once you hit 30, it should be clear. But 40? come on, man.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an addiction!
    Over time you make more and do less.
    At 40 your soul is already compromised.
    So just like our previous CEO's you ride it out.
    It's only a matter of time and it's you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had to have a heart to heart with myself when I hit 40. I knew I was wasting time pretending that this was a real sales job. I experienced the good times and fun times of pharma and they are long gone. I was embarrassed to tell anyone I was a pharma sales rep at 40. The job has lost all prestige. At the age of 44 I left the industry. More satisfied now.

The 6 figure paycheck clouds the truth. I would say to myself stay 1 more year. I survived the cuts, so stay another year. I left on my own and I was prepared. Next time you wait in a waiting room for 45 minutes for a" hi dr, sign this" think to yourself is this all your time is worth? In my opinion the answer is yes only if you are building your own business on Pfizer time and are able to work the job until 1pm and build you business after 1pm.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer sheep: wake up! The change in 401k plan brought zero response or objection!?! HR is laughing all the way to tell Ian how great they are are saving money with no reaction from "colleagues". No way to measure dissatisfaction in pfizer voice even if enough employees pay enough attention or have enough financial savvy to understand the disadvantage of the change.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left Pfizer two years age-what did they do to the 401K and why no complaints? I always thought it was pretty similar to other companies since they did match up to a point.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

totally agree. you have to have a back up plan to this. those that move into managment or higher are really just not thinking type people. they do anything for the dollar.

I just can't see how pushing pills past 40 (or even 35) is going to be a good life. you are a corporate drone to the worst extent. Role plays? please. Signature quotas? please. Rx's that are not credited for, because Wal Mart does not report! you have to be kidding me.

I saw this when I was in my 20s, but got sucked back in because of the money. I am glad I am out and will never come back. I like to come here to remind myself of just how silly the medical sales gigs truly are. actually, all corporate gigs are pretty bad, especially the sales end.

The only exceptions would be to join a small company (less than 500 employees), the smaller the better, and find a company that has little turnover and a positive company culture.

One thing is for sure: YOU WILL NEVER FIND A POSITIVE COMPANY CULTURE WITH ANY BIG TO MED. PHARMA. COMPANY. AT LEAST NOT TODAY.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's SOOOO bad yet you can't stay away from the Pfizer cafepharma message board on a weekend. Somebody is missing pharma. We will survive without you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spoken like a true kool aid drinker!

feel sorry for you, I really do.

a day in your world would be painful.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40 or 20 what's the difference?
    Either way you're serving lunch & collecting signatures.

Apologies to you who are telling ( selling) providers how to treat patients.
    I know you have 12 units towards your CMR certification.

Only thing worse is a manager coaching this!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true dat.
    PFE, worst thing that happened to those of us that were swallowed by this shithole company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I trade Pfizer and other stocks and cafepharma is a great resource to find info. It is also fun to read how bad it is being a rep in todays environment. It's ok to be jealous of me!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That 6-figure paycheck just can't be beat!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You all need to grow up. You take the good with the bad in any job you do. Find the good, minimize the bad and take care of your family. Everyone who is working today, aren't as many as there were 8 years ago, doesn't like some aspect of their job. Quit fucking whining and just do it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finding the good?

Part time gig, 6 figures and a car?

Tell your boss what he wants to hear.

Just drink or get sleep meds you'll be able to sleep at night.

Your boss does!

It's probably like Goverment work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHAAA WOW!!! If you are trading stocks with info you get on here….WOW I really feel sorry for your customers. REALLY feel sorry for them.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually I think he trades his own personal stock, not that he is a financial advisor.

Also, CafePharma always has been a good alternative to finding things out because the corp suits lie in their Wallstreet reports and news releases. You can find something here and it may or may not be legit but at least you have something to go on. U also find out how people are feeling at the company when say a lay off occurs.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't change anything, just another uninformed knucklehead talking thru his ass.
    If you left two yrs. ago, it is what it is. If any changes were made to affect you, Fidelity has a legal responsibility to inform you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They upped the matching percentage in lieu of a pension. What I don't like is that our matching funds must be used for purchasing Pfizer stock initially. I wonder if that artificially jacks up the stock price 2x per month, too?

If so, I will start trading myself and dump immediately.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, the 401k changed to lower costs for pfizer. While your paycheck has dollars taken out every two weeks, your deposit and matching funds are made quarterly. You ok with dollar cost averaging four times a year as opposed to buying in with each paycheck every other week?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Missing? No way.

Curious of what is going on @ Pfizer...as I hold a vested interest: a pension.

With the way Pfizer and the entire industry is going, will the pension still be there when I do retire?