Use your company car to make money

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've started making about an extra $2,000 to $3,000 in my spare time here. Since I'm out and about anyways, I've signed up with a taxi ride app company. People in my area go to the app, request a ride and the entire payment and tip are automatically deducted and then deposited into my account. Their receipt is automatically sent to them. Since there is an airport in my territory I am able to make several runs dropping people off. In between I can still see and service my accounts. The best part is if I don't want to accept a ride request, I'm not a taxi driver so I don't have to.

Oh did I mention that the operating expense is free to me since I have a company car and don't pay for anything, including gas.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is by far the funniest freakin post I have read in a while. Very creative-you my friend have very big gonads or you are just plain insane! Now come pick my ass up- I have a plane to catch.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you tell me which app company you use, I'd like to do this too. It would be more exciting then calling on docs offices all day long.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How funny would it be if you picked up your own manager!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lyft and Uber are the most popular ones. The only problem with Lyft is that they will make you put a large pink mustache on the front of your car. Think I'm kidding? Check out Lyft: https://www.lyft.com. And scroll down to see photos of the ugly pink mustache.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be but you see the name.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have it locked down my friend! Still laughing at this post.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genius, sheer genius. Great way to double dip

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a true entrepreneur! You are way to smart to be working in Pharma, but you should be promoted anyhow.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great Idea! Pfizer Driver....driving business!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am working in dental sales and pharma at the same time. In dental you are on your own, no ride alongs unless you choose (we call them co-travels on this side), use your own car, etc. If you want your manager to co-travel they do it to get business and help you close sales, not to check up on you and justify their job. Also, you have mfg reps who call on you and they buy you lunch or will take you to dinner because, like us in pharma, they want you to push their product to the end user.

I make my pharma calls in the morning, some in the afternoon, I space them out. In between I see dental customers and this way there is no crossover, etc. No doctors accidentally slipping, when i go see them with my pharma manger since I'm not in the same offices with both managers., etc.

The best part is that I drive a free Pfizer vehicle and the dental company pays me a car allowance for it, crazy! In addition the dental job also pays a small salary for now and expenses. Eventually I will be a 1099 employee and it won't matter. I submit expenses for both companies on the same thing like parking and small things.

This is THE BEST thing ever!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Til you get caught. Pfizer will not even drive you home .

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When he gets caught he just leases his own car and does his dental job full time. What's Pfizer going to do sue him??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is he going to get caught? Sounds like they have taken all the precautions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of your counterparts will see and rat on you. Then you will get an interrogation. Then a call telling you, you are being terminated and to meet someone at your store age unit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ILLEGAL!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Against company policy-yes.....illegal, I doubt it. Do you really think there is a law on the books specific to this (using a company car as a cab)-highly unlikely. The car has insurance and that is all that matters(even if it's not livery insurance). Do you think all the people using their own cars on that app has livery insurance??? Think about it. He is not doing anything illegal that will get him arrested.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious. I looked into it as well but your vehicle needs to be approved by the service. You have to submit copy of insurance card and registration. Trying to get approval for my personal car, and was thinking I would just use company car BUT the app tells the customer who requests a ride what type of car is picking them up and even lists plate number. How'd you get around that?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im not paranoid and just do it. My counterparts don't know my plate number and big deal if I'm picking people up and giving them rides.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe what they said illegal about was working both a pharma and dental job. Again, it's not illegal, it's just a violation of company policy. What law was broken? Working two jobs? There is no law against that.

I'm inspired I might go find some job that requires your own car like home health care or something.