Big Pharma Invasion

Discussion in 'Grifols USA' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole Big Pharma invasion has me worried as that model has failed miserably and we all know the lovely ethics they have. What is concerning is the hiring of more of these people into the Biologic role here! I am starting to see the same stuff that I tried to get away from many years ago. I mean come on Detailing? It's not about throwing up all over a nurse or a doctor with a detail piece, that shit is old school that frankly pissed more people off than communist China! It should be about what the customer wants and more of a clinical conversation, then just spewing BS off a detail piece. Frankly the next time some one brings up reach and frequency or detailing I am going to take a baseball bat to their groin! lol ;) Now all you Big Pharma people coming over to Biologics, forget what you learned their and embrace change for the better, as we don't need robot zombies selling biologics, this use to be fun and all of the people that have embraced to Big Pharma way of life basically ruined the industry as we know it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, insert Challenger book up ass before meeting in June and say I love big pharma 3 times and hope its a bad dream.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:) Big Pharma? Yes. The Merck and Pfizer business models where 5 reps call on same provider for the same product put a hurt on everyone. Young Leaders, in medical sales, who have little sales experience and gained their experience in these business models typically lead from the rear resulting in pure misery for everyone. Believe me, I've seen my fair share of very poor management and selling skills with these DSM's/RSM's. BUT, remember that the BIG layoffs occurred from 2007-2010. So in 2014, many of these laid-off reps are now pursuing other professions (for the most part). Having said this, the industry (medical) is changing very fast, so even Bio, Capital Equipment and Medical Supply business models are having to look at things differently today. Its all relative. Develop solid relationships, Know you product and the disease state where it fits, be honest to your customer and keep patients first. You can still make this a career, but it's not like pre 2000. Adjust and be smart about your business.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Use your idetail daily, sync weekly, make sure your reach and frequency is right, call on targets X number of times per week, make sure your call average is above goal, your targets should be the exact percentage mix of PUD and PCP that leadership decides, half your calls need to be other decicion makers, check the reports tab on salesforce this often or a report will be generated with your name on it... from people who never sold the product (or any other for many years) or who sold it and never did any of this crap and were promoted for their performance. Uhh yes, Big Pharma

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a big reason I left and no regrets! Management stiffs!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again big pharma invaders fix what is not broken.