Recruiters are STARVING right now!!

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same firms that were placing high priced executives, National positions, leadership, and management are now placing accountants, clerical, inside sales jobs!

govig - starving
    abc - starving
    bowdoin - starving
    AM - starving
    rhp ' starving
    cc - starving

all doing horrible

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the point of the above post or starting this thread? Are you saying there are no more jobs in this industry? Confused.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster is saying why pay a recruiter for a talented candidate when the network is there to find your own candidates. LinkedIn is a built in recruiter in itself. And all these manufacturers have their own recruitment staff

And if you are a candidate from one of those recruiting firms like listed above then most likely you are a human resource candidate that is needed as a filler candidate to ensure they can say they interviewed enough candidates and showed diversity on their search. So you will get told you were a great runner up for the job

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like Keefers garbage email with all those fake positions and write ups.....give me a break

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leslie gaber pathetic

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales and management jobs do not need a recruiter

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+ 1

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

leslie is not a nice person. not a recruiter. just a gossip. ugh.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would completely agree with you. I worked at Cadence pharmaceuticals and nothing you did was in confidence. She even came to one of our meetings. Completely unprofessional and an enormous gossip

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

leslie: She has done a lot of damage to unsuspecting people - all behind their back. Thinks she is in the know - because some fat dm talks trash to her about reps - recruiters are scum anyway and she is at the top of the list.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I question any company that hires Leslie Gaber. Why would they need her? Any organization in oncology should have managers that could find & hire their own talent. And surely they would have internal support to handle logistics and administration. Leslie is the least trusting and most overpaid recruiter in the history of the industry. She makes a living trash talking people and hiring & then rehiring the same people over and over again. Leslie, karma will get you in the end.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

companies hire leslie because they think they will get some inside scoop on candidates and they do except it is a twisted version that spills from the mouth of a sick wacko named Leslie Gaber.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at pharmacyclics thank goodness I passed

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leslie a complete fraud. I am a DM and do all my recruiting via LinkedIn, no need to utilize a recruiter, especially Leslie

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many different woman from Govig call you about one thing

Hi I called to pre talk the talk with you

Hi I called to just pre talk

Hi I called to talk

Hi I called to pre schedule you

Hi I called to make sure you were prepared for the schedule talk

Hi I called to schedule you

Hi I called to tell you someone will be calling you to talk about the phone screen

Hi I called to prep you for the person who will be calling you to talk about the phone screen

Hi I called to talk to you about the phone screen and prep you for it

Seriously NO JOKE........I mean I have never seen anymore of a fake operation to make it look like its something real

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's hilarious. You are so accurate on that read

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rothrong is selling on eBay

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just my opinion.

There are very minimal positions that do need assistance (very minimal).

For positions such as VP of Sales, RVP/RSD/RD, DM, and even sales representatives....there is absolutely NO reason to use a recruiter in this environment and economy. Hire contract or project HR people to assist with the administrative duties, which are many.

Opportunities for Companies:

* Utilize their most valued assett...Employee Referrals (a lost art). Reward those who refer hired candidates at the 6 month point.
    * Utilize LinkedIn - This will force candidates to provide more details on their profiles. This will force the hiring manager to do a little more work, but will help them get the person they want.
    * Stop listening to perception or bad opinions about candidates and form your own opinion.

Unfortunately, most recruiters (not all) continue to push their friends and are unfortunately robots to the hiring company.

No need to throw darts at the recruiters. Most on this site were assisted by them at one point in the past.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I agree with most of what you've posted, you've (clearly) had little to no interaction with leslie gaber.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think most on here have had interaction with LG and Associates. I have had interaction but that is irrelevant.

Everyone in the pharma industry has an angle right now, and most will even provide mis-information about other potential candidates to try and get an upper hand. Unfortunately, LG Associates AND OTHERS take that information as concrete and then they have a perception...albeit probably wrong.

Recruiters have made fortunes the previous 15 years prior to 2008, so I doubt anyone is going to feel sorry for them at this point...especially if they have provided gossip, misinformation, or given a bad perception about candidates.

Karma can be tough....