Precedex Goes Generic

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospira (HSP - Analyst Report) was dealt a legal blow by the U.S. District Court which ruled that companies like Mylan (MYL - Analyst Report) are free to resume sales of their generic versions of Hospira’s injectable sedative Precedex (dexmedetomidine hydrochloride). The adverse court ruling resulted in Hospira’s shares closing the trading session on Sep 9 at $52.72, down 2.19%.

The Story so Far

Hospira has been in the news regarding Precedex for quite a while now. Last month, the FDA granted approval to companies like Mylan to launch their generic versions of the product. However, Hospira filed a lawsuit against the FDA over the issue (read more: Hospira Sues FDA on Generic Precedex Approval, Shares Down).

Subsequently, the U.S. District Court issued a temporary restraining order against the U.S. regulatory body’s decision to allow the sale of the generic versions of Precedex. The companies which had started to market their generic versions of Precedex following the FDA approval were barred from doing so as a result of the restraining order.

Joy Short lived, Job Cuts Ahead?

However, the joy at Hospira turned out to be short lived with the latest verdict going against the company. Following the entry of generic versions of Precedex, sales of the drug, which accounted for 11% of Hospira’s global net sales in 2014, will go down. This will hurt the top line. The company has challenged the latest decision and has maintained its 2014 adjusted earnings per share guidance of $2.30 to $2.50. The Zacks Consensus Estimate of $2.40 per share is well within the guidance range.

We expect Hospira to resort to job cuts to lessen the impact of genericization of Precedex on the bottom line. We remind investors that Hospira had warned earlier that it might have to lay off its entire branded U.S. sales team of approximately 130 employees in the event of Precedex going generic. We fear that Hospira will turn its statement into reality in the wake of the adverse ruling. Investors are likely to be glued to updates on Precedex, going forward.

Hospira carries a Zacks Rank # 3 (Hold). Better-ranked stocks in the health care sector include Gilead Sciences (GILD - An

Hope this includes MA & DA!!!!!!!! WaHooo

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like we didn't know this was coming, as predicted by me and hundreds of others BTW "Wa Hooo"sounds like a hater fired from ACCS Ohhh I hope so and so go Karmas a bitch Wuss boy

hr guy

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now, there will be another 130 ex pharma reps, to join the THOUSANDS on here already
    F em all !

hr guy

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now get your resumes ready and IF and I mean IF you do find work, it will be for 40% less , and when you start bitching like you did at HSP your ass will be fired real quick in the real world
    Also be prepared to actually work for a living Good Luck

hr guy

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You left this part out wuss

Mylan announced the news today, saying that it would immediately go back to shipping its Precedex copy. Meanwhile, in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Hospira said it had appealed the decision and would ask for another restraining order pending appeal.

Hr guy

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HSP will cut the workforce in the plants and manufacturing by 30% in next 12 months Along with the reps, the grunts are the main target in the next year Boulder will shut down eventually
    and watch a major layoff in production across the board You heard it here first

hr guy

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh stop your malcontent, your fear mongering!

No one is losing their job. There is Premix and Dyloject

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahajaha, if I don't stop laughing I'll piss my pants! Are you shitting me?
    Both major dogs waiting to be brought to the pound for euthanasia. The ride is over. We all have made a lot of money doing very little for the last three years. Dyloject isn't even approved in the US. What need does it fill? Do you really think our ridiculous marketing dept....do we have one?...can actually even market the drug? Remember the premix debacle? One big cluster &$@?. Premix won't save Precedex; generics will kill our business. Hospira has no business selling proprietary drugs as their ineptitude and lack of leadership here...DB, KG, TM, DA, KP.....Pleeeeaaase! The true JV team. All in way over their heads.
    Sadly, it's over, and many great people/professionals will become unemployed. Hospira has been financially generous to us, and, hopefully, will send us off with a fair severance.
    HR guy.....keep your idiotic, drug/alcoholic induced comments to yourself. No one cares what you have to say. We all know you are a full of shit blow hole in need of a life.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your words are poison!!! We have to go out and fight!!! The day may come when ACCS reps no longer proudly represent Hospira in the field, but it is not this day. On this day, I choose to fight for my business!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is very admirable that you are fighting but I think we have already lost much of the business due to contracting in systems which you have no affect over. JMO.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you grasshopper. You are fighting a war you can't possibly win. I give you credit, but you are wasting your time and efforts that could be put to better use.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. It is a shame so many are willing to give up so easily

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You ACCS reps crack me up ! Sandoz is waiting to in the wings to clean up ! Where will you be in a year ? NOT at HSP ! The NBVRs were trashed and the green sheets don't lie (just look at bonus) Biosimilars is where ANY future profit would be made Wake Up And Smell The Roses
    It's OVER

Hr Guy

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS IS ADC PROUD A- HOLE FROM ABBOT BOARD

HR GUY

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had several great pharma offers since I left the Precedex sales team. I assure you there will be no reciprocation of loyalty on D Day. My hopes is that poor D Walker can find work. He finally just got the spelling of dex down.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was the loyalty bonus worth it ?
    Hr Guy

Sent from my iPad

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All that's left for us is to bend over......just buy your own lube!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep...been double dipping for six mos. doing quite well thank you. Best part time job anyone will ever find.
    Screw Hospira before they screw you!......-and they WILl screw you!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

unscrupulous upper management are asswipes. take them for all they have.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

alot was promised to me and never delivered.
    asswipes begley anD ball