cubist... here's why I left

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All BS aside, I was one of your most effective performers. Cubist treated me very well during the earlier days of cubicin selling; I was selling tons of cubicin, making great money, and working my ass off!! In short, I loved every bit of it!!!

As things (for the sales force) began to decline and bounus money became more and more scarce, I quickly realized that while the company would continue to do well, the sales force would never be valued and compensated properly again. I found myself dipping into savings and cashing in options just to pay my bills. Vacations were cancelled and financial scrambling was in full effect!!

I was working harder than ever and making a fraction of the money that I used to make. Watching the brass at cubist cashing in for literally millions of dollars while I struggled to pay my bills only made me feel worse. Quite frankly, I thought that was a fucking disgrace!!! Also a discrace, were the empty promises of better days ahead that I lisetend to like an absolute fool...

Considering all of the new opoortunities I was presented with, it was time to leave. It was nothing personal... Only business. Stop thinking it's personal cubist!!! If you treated your reps better you wouldnt have had mass exedous!! It's a simple fact that you can't deny.

This law suite BS is contrived and makes you look bad with everyone. It's like suing your wife for wanting to leave you. In the marrage of pharma, you were a bad spouse towards the end of the marriage and it's time for many people to move on to other things. Just accept it, learn from your many mistakes, and move on cubist...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you need to get on a written budget and live within your means. Cubist pays a fair salary for the work done and the bonus is just that...a BONUS. When the company isn't hitting it's numbers then none of us in the sales force deserve a bonus. Cubist spends over $400 million on R&D to help patients, that's why we as Cubist sales force is about! So what if management is cashing in stock! They work hard providing direction and a fair wage for us! Sounds like you are a liberal fool who hates the "rich", GS deserves every penny he makes, he's a wonderful leader who pays the sales force what they deserve not want. When we start selling more product and Cubist hits it's numbers then we will deserve a bonus! Bottom line...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are so many things wrong with that last post I don't know what to say. Are you on an acid trip? That can't be a real post. And you cant really be a sales person of any sort. Still trying to hold back the vomit. Wtf?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Freaking hilarious. You had me at "wonderful leader". LMAO. Priceless!

Make sure to tip your waiters and waitresses.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bottom line is that you are all (as I was before I learned to respect myself) snake oil salepeople...overcharging ignorgant public that will do anything a person with DR in front of their name tells them what to do...

there are better sales jobs out there that actually help people and do it for a fair price...

unlike your stupid and arrogant industry.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You realize this is a pharmaceutical sales website right??? Do we come to your job and slap the broomsitck outta your hand??? Show some respect schelppy.

Dont hate the player son... Hate the game

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was the origional poster of this string. The reason why you're getting blasted by everyone is because that was perhaps the most idiotic post on cafe pharma in the hisory of the site.

When you go from making north of 200K down to less than 130K it's not a matter of budgeting moron!! You're definintely not a rep... that's obvious... No rep in history of this business would refer to a "bonus" as just a "BONUS". Simply put, its not... Those of us that bring in literally millions of dollars for these pharma companies have come to count on them as part of our compensation. The old "jelly of the month club" just dosent cut it.

As far as the rest of your rant, I'm not sure you understand politics either. Liberals want an even playing field for everyone. It's bascially one of the reasons why this country is in it's current condition. I can't stand liberals because most of them don't work for it!! People like myself who strive to be the best expect the best in compentsaion. Thats why I left!! People like you do nothing and simply take what they're given.

I can only assume you're being sarcastic about GS. He's an arrogant and awful person.

You have no idea of what the business of being a rep is about. That much is for certain. It's a good thing that this is anonymous because you honestly sound like a complete douche to everyone...

PS... I love the rich, just not the rich assholes.

PSS... If you really want to mask yourself as a rep next time, don't side with the corportate officers making millions over the reps that are getting shafted. It just sounds stupid and you're fooling no one. I'm betting that you're married to one of these ass clowns... You're outmatched; please quit while you're way behind.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey clown maybe you need a class in reading comprehension! You just proved my point...I'm in sales and enjoy making money. However I am paid a very nice base salary, 125k here at Cubist. I live within my means and bonuses are just that a bonus. The company hasn't cut your base it's your production is down and not hitting your goal of 100% and above for your products. I guarantee that if you were hitting 100% on all products with kickers and uncapped sivextro quota you would make 200k! Stop complaining and sell more product "sales" guru it's that simple. You just want Cubist to "hand" you a bonus when you aren't hitting your goals? I'm sure your new employer will ask for production for a bonus! As far as GS when you were making 200k I remember you saying how great he was, now that your production has slipped he's the worst? Sorry, time to look in the mirror bro!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person is not in sales. They would know how quotas work and how Cubist quotas have been jacked for the past couple of years. They would also know the animosity toward GS exceeds bonus issues. Don't waste any more time on this joker.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm gonna let you in on why everyone knows you're not in sales:

1. reps don't use words like guru (only ass clowns do)
    2. unless you live in some God awful Joe Dirt place in the US, you wouldnt be OK with just making 125K with no bonus.
    3.You have no concept on how difficult/impossible hitting 100% on 5 products would be.
    4.You're trying to dumb it down for everyone by saying "bro"
    5. Never would a rep say, "bonuses are just that a bonus" HAHAHAHA!!! (that was the one that tipped everyone off BTW)
    6.You're overbaord on how good a guy GS is. It's not a secret and he makes no secret of it; he's an arrogent and awful person.

If there's any possible way that my radar is off, and you indeed are a rep, then you're one of two people...
    1. A bottom dwelling rep that is just happy to hide in a system with no accountably, collect a salary and proivide no value.
    or
    2. A boot licking douchebag that accepts anyting they're spoon fed by management.

If you're number 2; hang in there for another year or two. I'm sure Cubist will make good on their promises someday!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The other poster is right. You don't know how to manage your finances. Don't blame that on Cubist. Live within your means with the next job you get, then you won't be bitter and blame someone else for your lack of financial discipline.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's still you! and still not fooling anyone!! Oldest trick in the book jackass!!

The point just goes right over your head... Good luck to you Mr./Mrs. not a rep.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't me, I think you are angry because everyone can see what the real issues are with you.

1. Reps don't use "guru"? Mr Pfizer, we aren't all robots there are regional, local, cultural and age differences that make us unique as reps
    2. I happen to live in a very nice home in a desirable suburb. In fact since I've been with Cubist I've sent one child through college with another almost complete. Who said I haven't made bonus? We just choose to live on base salaries and save/invest our bonuses. With options and RSU's i will be able to pay for a nice retirement home, weddings or grand kids educations.
    3. I'm hitting my numbers on my 3 products and if you check sivextro numbers I'm doing quite well, this could be one of my best years. See I don't complain, I just get out and work and hit my numbers
    4. I was dumbing it down for you! You remind me of when my kids were 5 and I had to speak slowly and at their level. "Live within your means"
    5. What is a bonus? Pay above your base rate of pay...if you do well you get one if you don't then...you do understand that concept correct?
    6. GS may be arrogant but he's always treated me well, I've been on COE trips with him and have gotten to know him well during my tenure. No one is perfect but he's never done anything to me.

I'm just a rep that consistently delivers on the bottom line I've been in this industry for many many years have always brought value and in turn have done very well. I just wanted to offer life help to you my friend, your post was screaming for it. You are someone who could make $400k and would find themselves in the same boat, find yourself a good financial planner it'll save your sanity and marriage (if you have one)...best of luck to you but I have a feeling in 2 years you'll have not progressed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHA!!

I'm sure you live in the nicest trailer park in town!!

I'll bet it took you all day to come up with that hysterical response. I clearly hit a nerve. You write like an angry old man that's mad at the world.

Grandkids education??? Seriously??? How fucking old are you grandpa??? You probably suplement your income by hustling on the shuffle board court or cheating in the bingo parlor. That's why your not bitching about the deminishing cubist bonus structure. While I'm sure that you were a top rep under the Nixon administration, you may have lost a step or two over the last 40 years. You sound like an angry curmudgeon... Turn down your miracle ear and clean the polident outta your teeth. You'll feel better about everyting tomorrow...

PS
    congrats on hitting your numers on the 3 products!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why so bitchy sister? Does your husband manage your money or you? Leave the guy alone and go back to reading Ladies Home Journal. My wife loves the mag, not sure why, she doesn't even cook