How come Actavis didn't buy Ironwood too?

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buyer(s) are not interested in the company, and certainly not the Salesforce. They are interested in buying the commercial rights to Linzess. The buyer will have a Salesforce in place, and will have no need for Ironwood reps (Woodies, CSSs, whatever you call yourselves). It's just business.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't feed the Linzmess troll!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis paid a premium for the Forest sales force as they aren't in primary care, and they need Forest to sell the 20 products they have, plus the the 10 in late stage development. This is socially viewed as a merger of equals and Forest reps are going to have long fruitful careers as long as they focus on selling and don't pay attention to the nonsense around them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love the double post, you already tried this on the Forest board!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

troll

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt any doctors are dumb enough to buy your argument regarding the structure; they are probably just feigning alarm out of pity for you, as you clearly failed chemistry/biology. You may think you're being clever but you're really just showing how little you understand, and anyone who was smart enough to become a doctor (you know, who didn't fail chemistry and biology) should be able to see right through it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do not know what you are talking about. You've been reading and believing the garbage on cafe pharma. You statement regarding Actavis are generalized and not what most of us experience. Bonuses are uncapped and if you are a top performer you can do very well with the bonus structure. The Target bonus is $20k. If you consider a ford Taurus a low end car then your pharma experiences have been different than mine. That car is just fine considering it is almost free to drive!

Salaries are not capped at $85 k that was the high end for new hires last year.

It's always funny to hear someone tell how bad a company is when most of their facts are not accurate.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is just great. We have Forest reps that troll this board and they brought along Aptalis reps that have been trolling our board. From the get-go, we've had many Takeda reps, that didn't get the job, trolling the board along with Novartis reps, that didn't get the job. Now, we've recently seen WC reps and on here and have the superstar Actavis rep posting on here! Actavis didn't buy Ironwood, Forest bought Aptalis. You guys belong on your own boards or the Forest board. Leave this board for either IW reps or Takeda reps that want to talk shit, got it?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so are we getting closer ? care to give this a little more color ? where did you pick up this rumor ?? potential suitor ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how about that prediction now? any rumors / takeover bids yet?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same troll who predicted massive layoffs by April 1st. I am so happy he didn't get the job. Now if we could only turn off the internet connection to his parent's basement.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they wanted the VP pf sales of Aptalis R Tallman to come here which he did. You guys are SCREWED. Check out the info on him on the Aptalis page.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy is a complete nerd that has no skill. This is the best we can do? Seriously? Why would people stay around and try to "build" a company for this?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big difference between trying to "build" a company and "sell" a company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have the company exactly right. I work for Actavis, but I am a veteran rep and many of us have pushed back against the micromanagement of this organization and we have gotten a few outsiders in management that are gradually pushing back as well. There have been DM's who refused to do a ride along for 3 straight days and every two weeks and they were fired for not going along and getting along. The generic side was not this way, you are correct about the mass hiring this year, and they got a lot of bargains as they gained some good reps, but most of them are gone already because they refused to be a specialty rep and treated like an entry level primary care rep. I don't understand this union of Forest and Ironwood at this point, and now with the acquisition by Actavis, it is just chaotic right now. There are a lot of pissed off reps for the way our jobs were dangled over our heads for months. I hope Ironwood brushes this partnership off and goes alone. Actavis will sink your company or drag you into the next merger and this one will be with Pfizer. Good luck

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being a Woodie is being the best and the brightest.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which one ?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI - $95,000 SALARY WITH $30K UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS FOR IRONWOOD REPS BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED THE "BEST OF THE BEST" AS GI SALES REPS.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing with Ironwood now and already make a 95k base. Will they give me a bump in salary to come here or offer me 95k?