Regional Business Managers

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Why do most of these managers have little or no sales experience? It is like the DMs don't have much experience either. How do they coach on something they as a group don't have much if any experience with? It just seems quite a bit counterintuitive. So if I want to be promoted I have as little as 3 years before I become stale and banished to "career rep"? Please advise. I didn't come here to be a career rep nor managed by fools.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weirdest thing is that they believe that they're in these positions because of their business acumen, intelligence, wisdom, and so on. In truth, they tend to be idiots.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The smartest people in the company tend to be career reps, anyway. My rbd hates a couple of the old timers in our region because everyone knows how much smarter they are than he is. Better looking, too.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are we talking GI or Derm or RA? I guess it is either Derm or RA as GI doesn't have any career reps and the average age is 12. Or is that their IQ? The Manager title at one time meant you were safe from downsizing, pressure and PIP but not anymore. My manager has become a paranoid schizophrenic. May have been one before now that I think about it. Best job is now rep, even if it is the lowest paid.

Note to M.Y.- as you get ready to gut this fattened sow please start from management. That is where the train went off the tracks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back in the day my Region Director had over 80 reps and DMs. The DMs had 10-12 reps so the span of control was much larger. I agree with the last post that it is time to cut down on management besides they really do get in the way of reps needing to do on a daily basis. They also create BS projects and if they all had more people to manage that would decline.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell from seeing the RBDs and DMs on the GI side that there is a great deal of sexual frustration going on with them. It may be secret tendencies that they are afraid to confront, lack of affection from their wives, fear that they are not well-endowed, especially as much as the reps they oversee (I've noticed them staring at my crotch on a number of occasions) or just that they secretly feel that their failures sexually have left them unsatisfied at anything. When they see some of the real manly men they have working for them wonder if their wives would want such men, and they know that they are inadequate. And so they take their insecurities and failures in manhood out on us. That has to be it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here a long time. At no time did a DM, or what has named ABM, have 10 reps. We had 7 or 8. As for the RBD role, it is now and has always a political figure head position. It is a pricy but needed head cheerleader position so those below will keep the faith. In fact it was never "needed".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here over 35 years and when I started my DM had 12 people reporting to him. A Region Manager back then as they were called had 8 DMs. And you are correct it is nothing more than a figure head position simply making sure that the DM executes on what the home office is requesting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most overpaid position in JnJ.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. The ones I have experience with are as close to business genius as you can get. When one of them starts to speak at a POA I pull out my iPad and start typing notes. "Challenge your customers. Why? Because you've earned the right. YOu are the best. And so you have the right to get in their face and say, Doctor, I know that your lying. Remicade is the best, and I will tell you why. Because it's the best treatment for your IBD patients. And thats a fact that's been proven. Over and over again. Something like six hundred million and more patients, doctor. Close to a billion. And who can argue for that.So doctor, will you promise me that you swill put the next ten patients you see today on Remicade? No matter what their diagnosis? You better, doctor, or you will not speak for us anymore. And I will bring my RBD in here and he is more than a doctor in our organization. He is like a God. And he will command you to use remicade. And you will do it.
    Will you doctor? You will? Awesome. I closed you. My RBD will be so proud of me. I love him more then my own children.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you fail every test...you might be a RBD. If you enjoy cutting down talented older reps and replacing them with uneducated, unethical reps...you might be a RBD. If you believe the staff below you is here to blow you...you might be a RBD. If you think that your two days in. Areas territory is responsible for their years success...you might be a RBD. if you think trash talking the hard working and productive reps and giving the SPP credit to your girlfriends is normal business ethics...you definitely ARE a JBI RBD. I certainly hope you are enjoying your tenure at JBI as nobody in the industry will ever hire any of these losers or their pathetic lap dogs called DMs.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are sooooo wrong, Mister Smarty Pants. OUr RBDs here could be senior level executives at other corporations like Apple or Google, and yet they choose to stay here in order for US to succeed. When mine talks at a meeting I have to pull out my notepad to type his words of wisdom, and when he sees me doing it I know he realizes that he has someone who values his keen business insights. Like one time he said: You should be challenging your customers. Why? BECAUSE YOU HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT. And you know he is so right. We have the best products in the industry and we are the best and we DO have the right to tell our customers that they are wrong when they choose Humira, which doesn't even work, like my DM says. I have no idea whey the FDA even approved such a drug, or any of the others for that matter, because like my RBD and DM say: They just don't work. And that's what we have to tell our customers. And why may you ask? Because for the simple reason (my RBD is a simple kind of guy): That our products work! And we have the proof of it that they can look up or we can leave them a marketing aid.
    Sometimes I think my RBD should just run for President. I for one would be for him.