Does SLS matter any more?

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager wants me to apply for SLS during year end PC, but I'm not sure I see value in this. Does the company even care or respect the SLS members anymore? Back in the day when it was an award for career achievement it was a great thing (called Legion of Excellence), but not it's another way to humiliate us with behaviors and performance. Should I bother? Honest responses please

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, use your time and energy to diversify your talents and abilities outside of pharma, especially BMS. Learn a new skill, start a small side business - stop putting all your eggs in the pharma basket.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SLS was a poor substitution for the tenured, high performing reps that had been granted "Hakeem", "Legion of Excellence" or Grand Master Status. But it was cheapened by this. What was once a distinction awarded to highly acclaimed and performing sales professionals, was now turned into a ridiculous joke. The Sales Leadership Society - by putting "sales" in the title, you can remove people have are not performing at the top constantly.

you took away the fucking point,

You turned it into carnival where we had to justify ourselves to stay in and the rest of the sales force not only laughed, but want nothing to do with joining later on...

you totally ruined it. Milt Goggans, Dave W. let it go.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, SLS never mattered. Legion of Excellence and Grand Master always held so much more cache because they were CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS that couldnt be ripped away if your market share dropped.

So disgusting. This is why no one wants in. Other companies have there associations and still treat them with the respect they deserve, Not BMS. Had to get passive aggressive with them and use them to fuck with people

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a word, no. The relevance is way in the past and very much not worth it. The revolving door of "leaders" of it isn't helpful either. Run the other direction.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a joke. I was kicked off a couple years ago. People who work so hard to get there doing all kinds of extra projects and then they take these people and humiliate them by taking them off even if loss of business is out of their control. This is why most of sales force doesn't even want to be part of it. Now my numbers are great but I made it clear to my DBM that I DO NOT want to be part of this group again.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is even a lot of work while you are in and you will be kicked to the curb no matter how much you do if the numbers don't work out in your favor.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow....that blows.......can't believe that would do that. who does a model that is a "pay for performance" in sales? can't believe they make you continue to actually work

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, none of these organizations ever really effected change within the organization. They only told management what they wanted to hear

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SLS = Bullshit.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stipend you get for SLS is awesome though

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do it for the money and the car upgrade. Otherwise it's a big circle jerk and used as validation for bad ideas. Nobody in SLS (in my division) has ever offered a challenge to even the dumbest outdated idea upper management has served up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Any more"? How about "ever".

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just use it to kick your resume up a notch or two.