Oncology layoffs

Discussion in 'Bayer' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are you getting those facts from? They are not facts. oh wait, maybe they are, just like you said Campath and Leukine were Bayer drugs. Yes, I'm sure we all owe Nexavars success to RK and his band of geniuses that came from Chiron and experienced all that success with IL2 in RCC. Keep on dreaming !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line is that Bayer Oncology is a total joke. Overpaying for products/companies has put us in a huge hole. These products require resources and patience.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wasn't the one who wrote about Campath and Leukine.

What did the Bayer sales force bring to the table? Zero. Total joke with very little too no oncology experience or relationships. Glorified primary care reps and managers. And yes Onyx did outperform Bayer EVERY quarter since launch...we saw the slides at every POA and NSM. Oh and then we got bought made millions and Amgen deemed us valuable enough to not only keep but to give us retention bonuses of $30k to stay! And were are not part of the Amgen downsizing...how's Stivarga and Xifigo doing with your crack staff at Bayer? Not so good from as I understand it. Good luck with your reorg...I'm sure that will save you. Back to the kiddie pool for you losers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, just jumped on this site for the first time. Heard there was some good stuff on here. The plan to be one of the big Oncology players is not going so well, is it guys?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't figure the reasoning for such haste and desperation. Customers are baffled by it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total unadulterated nonsense. The Bayer team had a plethora of hematology and oncology experience in the field and home office in the beginning. Actually, it was onyx that was a joke, especially in Marketing like DB. Then there were the IL2 clowns already mentioned. Sorry you believed that bs you were fed at POAS about the numbers. Oh wait, you believe Amgen is not going to impact onyx either. Truly delusional. Go back to your Onyx board now, please.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong on all accounts...bitter much?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time for a change at the helm of this listing ship. RC and SC need to go!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another year of over inflated sales targets and that will be exactly what happens. Mark my words!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty sure they get told what numbers to hit.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reorg in April; Layoffs and another reorg in Sept of the same year. Bayer is great at long term planning. Its time for PB, RC and SC to be fired. They are inept. PB wants to fire reps just to cover the cost of a new dose range study with Stivarga and their golden boy AG. PB is a fake and a coward shill. Go back to England.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the person who sets goals for Bayer? They should be immediately fired. Stivarga launch was woefully undergoaled and this year was woefully overgoaled. They need to address the person who sets the goals at Bayer. He/She should be fired immediately for gross ineptness.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only sales people are held accountable here

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are 100% on the money. It doesn't only apply to oncology. As bad as onc leadership is, I'd bet they look like leadership gurus compared to the idiot running sales in WHC. He buys a company / product and has no concept as to how to manage it; and while trying alienates the existing salesforce...or those he did not already toss out like bad fruit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax. Numbers come from Germany. Why would leadership not want to hit numbers? That makes no sense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are they expanding/hiring for Oncology Reimbursement Managers if sales are flat. Do we really need this??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't say "leadership" does not want to hit the numbers. I'm sure they do. The problem is they are managers not leaders. Saleskiller is a self absorbed fool who has no ability to inspire or lead a team. He alienated the existing Bayer people and showed he does not understand a device market thus alienating the rest. It's not about so called "leadership" desire to hit the numbers; it's about their lack of ability to lead and motivate a team to do so. How can you expect results when morale sucks and there is regular down sizing?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While there are a few people within the Onc division that I believe "get it" they are few and far between and definitely won't speak up/push back and lead.

Upper quote explains it all......so sad to see Xofigo circling the drain.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This friggin thread is so closely monitors and manipulated by players for completion, it's laughable.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

midwest region is going bye bye