Does Botox really Need a rep?

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm serious. Why do they hire and compensate reps well to sell a product that sells itself?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no they need 3 . . . hospital, migraine, and neuro rehab. They also need a ton of area managers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I ask the same about breast implants. Give me a break. You sell a tissue expander and a breast implant. Those guys are never in cases. They should (and I believe they will) combine divisions and you will have one rep that calls on just plastic surgery and they will sell injectables and implants.

You could save so much money and not skip a beat.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh wait... Don't forget about the Uro Reps. They get to wear fancy scrubs and think they are device or surgical reps. When actually all they are is a friendly reminder rep who tells them when all else fails try Botox.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL . . . Neuro is a joke these days.

All you need in Neuro is about 50 Reimbursement folks nation wide because that's the only real objection and because of the coding nuances. with 4 or 5 directors nationally.

Throw in 20 -25 clinical/sales people nation wide who facilitate trainings and work with KOls. Two Directors East and West.

Tone down the marketing at home office a bit.

This would meet all of our customer needs, grow product at the same rate for a fraction of the cost.

What does Allergan Neuro have?

3 Sales units. Hospital sales reps that call on accounts with next to no access who's business needs little to now maintenance. Two office based teams calling on the same customers just selling different indications one of the teams is selling orphan indications in which the large majority of the business is done in hospitals. Oh and they destroyed the reimbursement team and is in the process of turning them into Neuro Practice sales folks. Calling on the same customers.

What does Allergan Neuro do

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP- you don't know your add from a hole in the ground! You have no idea what is involved in selling a product like Botox so please do not comment on something you obviously no nothing about.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is obviously a very serious, well thought out question. Really, so you're saying the sales team ROI isn't there?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of Botox sells itself what's Dysports excuse?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not Botox. That's Dysport's excuse.

If you think it's because you think you're such a great rep, go sell Dysport. Let me know how that works out...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Botox flies off the shelf on its own, yes. It flies off the shelf even faster with good sales representatives.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fixed it for ya.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know that there are 3 other market dominant products with the Botox sales team right?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think Dysport, et al are busts in this market? The sales representatives are also effective at blunting competition. A major component to sales is maintaining/improving market share. Why even advertise Botox if it truly sells itself? A sales force is a necessary component to sales overall. We don't need all the redundant salespeople, I agree. We need one in each territory for sure.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My friend works at Valeant and says MP always says there is no need for Botox reps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dysport reps make more than Botox reps.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't doubt it for the three that are left. We have 20 Botox reps for every Dysport rep. Dysport still sucks though.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the tool that said this: I've been in sales for 20 years (8 in device) & I sure do wish it would "fly off the shelves"! You haven't a clue.... the selling cycle is very long in urology as you have to get so many ducks in a row before the doctor even chooses to inject. The competitors are a product the surgeon makes a ton on or an in-office procedure that the nurses do so the physician doesn't need to be bothered. It's a complete pain in the ass & very much a salesman's product. If only all we had to do is a friendly reminder..... bahahaha.... what an a**

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off I never said it flys off the shelf and the only reason you have the sales that you have is becuase of bs allocations. Secondly only person selling botox in urology is the Urologist who doesn't even know/want to sell it to their patients. And interstim is only a competitor if you make it one. Doctors will do it becuase of the money which tells me with all your experience you haven't even done the basics of selling the benefits. And if you consider PTNS which has no coverage and 12 weeks of visits again you have wasted 20 years in sales. Botox for urology is a joke it's mostly done in the teaching hospitals and it should never been in office procedure

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true- the excuse when dysport's mkt share of 13% was that Botox sells itself! All products need reps, it's just a matter of how many Mikey P will keep when the deal is done. Going to be an interesting Holiday Season that's for sure!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the funniest thing ever. These idiots that wear scrubs just don't know how stupid they look... All of the staff and doctors laugh at them.