PC Reps you just don't get it

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Aug 31, 2014 at 2:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or maybe you don't want to get it. It is OVER. You WILL be gone come November. Denying it, burying head in sand or hoping you get assigned (you won't) the new Cardio drug will not change anything! Wtf are you guys doing? You should be looking for a job not wait for severance. It is easier to get another job while you have one! Don't be another casualty!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The facts show that, PC maybe the worst case, but it ain't pretty overall.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was buying into all of the PC layoff rumors until the LCZ results came out. Now I'm not so sure. Yes, this drug won't be prescribed by everyone, but according to the press this is getting this weekend, this could be huge. There is no way they can launch this without a significant field force. I definitely think there will be cuts, but not buying into the end of PC anymore.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis doesn't have great success getting drugs approved through the FDA and when they do they don't have great success launching new drugs. If LCZ does make it to market it more than likely will not be soon enough to save anyone in the PC. I read another post where someone mentioned that it will be difficult to walk in to Cardiology offices post Tekturna debacle and I agree with that poster as it will be very difficult for Novartis to gain credibility with Cardiologists again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh please. Everyone has short memories. If lcz has credible data they will write it. Tekturna was a 7th line blood pressure med w/sketchy data regarding its mech of action making a difference. When I was still going in with Exforge, I didn't feel like anyone held it against me that I had Tekturna 2 years ago.

As far as lcz saving current PC reps, not so sure. There will be a lot more opportunity than the new Derm division offered PC reps, but will definitely be competing against outside reps for those positions. We all know how much Novartis likes to hire from the outside.

Wish they would just tell us versus dragging it out until November if the rumors are correct.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes talk about short memories. When diovan received it's 'dubious' HF indication & every physician & their brother were fax blasted questionable med inquiries guess what?
    HF was a small small small portion of the market & still will be AND wait until researchers dig into sub analysis, subgroups etc. & compare this COMBO pill to other traditional COMBINATIONS the difference in efficacy will be marginal at best
    Despite what you kool aid klowns think. Thanks to pro publica whoever decides to get on the NVS $ dole $ as 'early adopter' will be exposed as the _______ 's they are. ;)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every single one of us left in Gen Meds should be interviewing right now. I am. This new heart failure drug doesn't include us for promotion. Take it as a "given" that we are all dismissed come November and only a few current reps will be allowed to even interview for that sales force. Also, don't fall in love with the idea the severance package will tide you over long enough to find another gig. Unless there is a compelling need to fill a vacated position, companies really don't approve hiring until March. I've seen way too many of our colleagues hung out to dry for 6+ months watching their severance depleted. Our days here are pretty much done.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh please, ask a diabetic sales rep that question. Docs know some drugs make it and some don't. They don't hold it against you... Moron.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. Based on all the information I'm seeing this weekend I'm not going to do shit until Npc tells us something. Such bullshit. F novartis