Cant feel too bad

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do feel bad as you are all good people. I spent years as one of you. And all that time I realized it was a fake job that was way overpaid and going away at some point. Over the years we banked at least 50k a year- and in addition put my bonus into a trust for the kids which now is over 500k.

The job was a joke, I worked maybe 15 hours a week and that was trying without being a nuisance to customers. Tons of awards and always in the top 10. But lets be real? how much do we really impact anything?

I spent the last few years back in school, and ended up with the job of a lifetime- the job I always wanted. Sometimes I regret wasting time as a rep- but I did meet some really cool people.

Don't let people here make you think you will never get another six figure job, they are career merck losers with nothing else but "rotations". I made 196k last year and love the job. A real job that actually is productive and not based on silliness. And treated awesome. I didn't even realize what a hostile environment it was at Merck.

I wish you all the best- but you had to see this coming!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same poster- and I wasn't laid off- walked away on a beautiful friday- just was done. I mastered my own destiny- do the same friends. And of course resigned one level above with a full email. Always resign to the person above your boss.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What field are you working in today?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for asking-I'm in janitorial supplies

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neuro surg- PA

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats my friend I left two years ago and am an RT and love it. Great having a real job huh?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

awesome! we need more toilet paper in Lansdale

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So True. Many days without soap & tp. Gotta save those pennies somewhere (although we spend hundreds of thousands of market research for our 7 year old flagship product).

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why should you resign one level above your manager? I never heard this before. I have a good relationship with my manager and I feel this would really be disrespectful.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

resign one level up and CC your manager - its professional, and appropriate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate my CTL's guts. I can't wait to get my severance so I can tell him that I hope he ends up getting as-f--ked in prison.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It always interesting to me that people who are having such a "fabulous" life after pharma come on these message boards and brag about how wider flu their life is now. Just saying...it can't be that great if you have nothing better to do than post on CP! Go live your wonderful life! :).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is always interesting to me that people who are having such a "fabulous" life after pharma come on these message boards and brag about how wonderful their life is now. Just saying...it can't be that great if you have nothing better to do than post on CP! Go live your wonderful life! :).