Career pathways

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it worth doing career pathways? Or is it just a waste of time bc we will probably all get let go in the next year or so?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should do career pathways and incorporate it into your IDP. Your IDP is a living document to use to develop yourself while here at Pfizer. We at Pfizer care about your development and want to help you reach your full potential. Good luck with your development and career.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope this is sarcasm, because if it's not......WOW have you been brainwashed by the Pfizer cult.

Pure unadulterated bullshit! Develop for what, the next lay-off?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was sarcasm. As a former DM I can tell you IDP is bullish*t. Calibration is bullish*t. Your bonus system is a joke. Bonuses and raises between reps is not enough to elicit any kind of extra effort. Just coast while you are here my friend. Your career pathway should be a way out of this company (as soon as possible). Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been busy with career pathways since it was rolled out after the Wyeth merger.

I have taken the maximum amount of classes each year but based upon my multiplier of "mets expectations" it will take me 11.2 total years to get the the next level. The good news is at that level I get new business cards, stationary, and a $1000 VISA card. Or about $83 a year invested before taxes.

Of course if I could somehow get my DBM to give me an exceeds, I could cut the wait to 8.1 years.

If I got significantly exceeds I could cut the wait to 4.7 years.

If I won VPC every year and got exceptional, I could do it in 2.9 years. Of course that means 3 years.

Just another reason I don't do a thing. Nothing. I just stay off everyone's radar, including my customers.

Waiting for the end.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a waste but do it anyway. Worst program ever.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very smart move my friend. I'm amazed how Pfizer brought all the things that were crap at Wyeth over to this company. The good things Wyeth had (yes there were some-like much, much better bonuses, better car choices, etc) they didn't bother with. Career Pathways was actually a pretty good program before BA got his hands on it and "redeveloped" it for Wyeth. It went from good to sh*t after that.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HaHaHaHa!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sh*t is putting it mildly compared to what it used to be.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since we no longer get annual review ratings, then is there still a point multiplier applied to the 10 or less points we get this year?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow you guys are taking this way too seriously... just look for something that it interesting and what you deem as worthwhile, there is quite a bit there... yes I get it isn't what it used to be for increases in salary and "title" but if you value learning and self improvement then it is an asset. and eventually you may get your own room at POA :)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would choke if you knew how much money we paid for this.

I swear, when they cut me, I am going to Fierce Pharma and some citizen watch newspaper. The wasted money in marketing and sales training and in excess field force head count will definitely get the attention of the public. Can you imagine what they'll say when they see what am RM does….for $240,000 a year, plus bonus, plus car, plus perks?

Imagine a GoPro camera strapped to a fake office manager's shoulder, as she watches rep after rep come through, sit for 20 minutes, jump up and get a signature, and go skipping out the door. Then imagine another GoPro camera following a Pfizer KAM….well, I guess that wouldn't work cos they don't exactly leave the house too much, do they? But y'all get my point!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

considering 99% of the people in pharma sales or sales support have absolutely no future outside of pharma sales this whole program is a giant waste of time and money. seriously, what does this program do except give people an inflated sense of self, complain about money that they should have earned, complain about their performance review, etc.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your own room at a POA. Now that is setting the bar high!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RMS do not earn 240 a yr., where did you get that number.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you think?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) We are still exceptionally profitable. We have tons of "look busy" money to throw around.
    2) I concur your point about the lack of future. Look at all of the big HQ mucky mucks that got let go 7 years ago. Many of them have bounced from job to job to job. Lipitor, zithromax, Aricept were clearly superior to their competitors, so it was easy to look good with that stuff. I know that its wrong, but I almost get a perverse sense of gratification learning that people like TG can't seem to last more than 2 years at a pharma or device company before getting fired.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mein werter Freund, it is called "Schadenfreude".

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My IDP is down with OPP. That's my career pathway.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yo, you "old school", homes. Word up!