Top DeNovo implanters in Philly/Northeast?

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello everyone. I have an OCD in my left ankle and have failed to previous microfracture surgery, so I am now considering DeNovo as opposed to OATS knee to ankle. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding experienced DeNovo implanters in the Philadelphia area. Would any of you Zimmer employees possibly be able to recommend a physician in Philly or in the Northeast? Thank you all in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should do a pubmed search on "fresh osteochondral grafts". I'd have a fresh allograft procedure done before DeNovo. 25 year results. Large block sections (square cuts) don't work as well as plugs in the ankle however. DeNovo may work better arthroscopically if the location of the lesion is hard to get to.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dr. Justin Fleming - Aria Health System (Torresdale and Bucks)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you. In fresh allograft procedures do you always need to be put on a waiting list? I was told that a match could show up now or 6 months from now, which deterred me because of the pain I'm in and also my work/short term disability situation.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may want to research OATS procedure. Comparable to denovo. The more tissue banks you have looking for a match increases your odds.