20 Shares

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know who to contact to sell the 20 shares we were given in 2010. I think the time has come to sell. Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They vest on October 27. The paperwork says more info should be coming prior to the distribution. I have a lot of questions too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never received. Who is the contact?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$53.16 x 20= $1063.20 minus brokers fee(s). You'll be lucky if you get $750. Roll it over. No fee's.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So that's my question. The paperwork says 20 regular shares (not ADRs). Regular shares trade on the Paris exchange and 1 share = 2 ADRs (American Depository Receipts) on the NYSE. May have to sell them on the Paris exchange and convert from Euros. Have to wait and see. I'm sure if there is a way to screw us they will find it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know if those laid off in Dec 2011 still get our allocation?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laid off? Are you referring to those that took voluntary severance, perhaps? Or did you get fired? I do not remember 'layoffs' at the end of '11.

Here is the official communication I received from the folks in France who are administering this:
    "Actually, the "shares" you hold are not shares at the moment, they are RIGHTS that were attributed to Sanofi's employees in 2010. These rights will transform into shares in October 2014 for the employees still being in the company OR having retired from the company, as it is your case.
    Knowing that, you don't have to do anything at the moment and actually are not able to do anything.
    You will receive the needed information related to these shares next year by the end of 2014. Sanofi will then inform you about your shares and how to redeem them."

This has all been posted before...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's twenty shares...I am no longer with the company and immensely enjoying my life now that I am not involved in the pharma daily grind, and if I get notified, I get them. If I don't, I don't. It's not going to make, or break, anything except a couple of very nice bottles of wine one way or the other...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There not worth much. You'll spend more in the phone calls to Paris in getting them. Not much money folks.. Sorry no lottery here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just had to knock Sanofi one more time? Go drink your mid range priced wine and put that cork in your mouth.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I was not knocking sanofi. I may have been knocking the pharma industry, or at least what it has become. But, more importantly, I AM knocking folks that are going to go into a panic and sweat whether they get the twenty shares after they have left the company...I mean, you left. Get on with your life. And if you are still with sanofi just pull up your 'lil britches and wait for the email, or letter, or whatever and get back to work.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mid-Ranged? twenty shares @ 83.07 euro in US dollars = about $2080. That's quite a mid price...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dummy, it won't be near that amount. Try around 480.00 after broker fees, and taxes, and exchange rates.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The options that I cashed recently certainly had little downside. I got the full value, paid a pittance in fees and the taxes were not withheld. I will have to pay tax, but the proceeds were gross, not net, of tax. So, the way that I look at it, the calculation is about right for a little over two grand.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company correspondence reads all those employeed in 2010 will receive the 20 shares, including retirees. So where is it? What is there for you, or anyone, to knock. It is in black and white. Period. Fini.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. Remember the wonder drug Multaq. Well yeh they gave voluntary severance and also layed people off. By the way, the grass is way Greener. Figured I'd find out about free money. Viva la France

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my letter today about the shares. 20 shares equates to 40 ADR share to be deposited into a JP Morgan account in the next 2 weeks. We can then do as we see it with them (transfer to individual brokerage account, keep, or sell). Bases on today's price, should be worth about $2100.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I got mine too...I voluntarily severed. Just wondering if now is a good time to sell, any thoughts?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Up to you, I suppose. I had a bunch of shares when I quit, I sold most and have about 100 left, I will add these 40 (minus the ones sold to pay the tax) to the mix but I do not expect sanofi to be much of a high-flier. Compare it to the S&P for the past few years...half the growth in the past ten years, five years, and two years, and NO growth at all in the past year. There are a lot of better places for the money, but make sure you put it somewhere and don't just dribble it away. That is the main reason I just leave it in there...waiting till I need it to pay for something!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Won't we be given the shares at the price they were in 2010?