Where Lilly/ John Missed. Final Analysis

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of dong real science and research John was interested in getting as many molecules into the pipeline ( it's the throw as much shit at the wall theory). His science was/is very very weak his research people were forced by management to push unproven material into the process as quickly as possible. Scientist who knew they would fail were intimidated to follow through. Don't blame Lilly scientist, it all rests with Lilly's entire dysfunctional management group from research to sales. The irony is that John will have destroyed a good company and ruined many lives and careers he will walk away with millions and millions of dollars instead of being punished.How much is his next bonus $3, 4, 5 Million ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He needs to go. There will be no employee walk out. I can assure you of that.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He'll get a nice villa or two near all the others (Sidney and the rest), all the islands... full bars, pools, servants.... No walk out --- run out to the bank...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He deserves every penny of any bonus he gets. A schlub like you has no idea what it takes to manage a multi-billion dollar corporation with ridiculous government oversight at every turn and continue pressure to lower prices. You should simply be thankful that he didn't fire you and replace you with someone who could do better at half the cost. Instead of bashing someone whose shoes you aren't worthy to shine, why not write him a thank you note. He certainly deserves it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! Thank you DR and AA for chiming in.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brought to you by--ORANGEBART. Bringing Fake, Spray-tans back.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're absolutely right he has taken this company to great heights never before seen in the history of the company. So many innovative blockbusters coming out of the pipeline, employee bonuses that are truly amazing, a management that respects and treats employees like people, a company without an internal cancer, yes that's Lilly and JCL deserves every penny of his bonus and even a new pair of shoes.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John Jr., you silly boy, daddy's done !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious? He deserves to be shown the door. I would gladly shine his shoes or wash his feet, but his job performance is pathetic. I could not do the job well, but neither can he. His underlyings are in a desperate, power grabbing, back-stabbing flurry of immature behavior. He has failed as a leader of people. His organization is being flung too and fro by an incessant need to please Wall Street, when Wall Street is never pleased. I thought we wanted to make people's lives better. I guess those people work means the fat cats, not patients. He has failed as the external voice of the company. This once great company, now tramples on it's purported values on a daily basis. The business results, true sales and SOM growth are pathetic. Our launches will miserably underperform market expectations. He deserves to be shown the door. I can only hope that I can find employment elsewhere myself and soon.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the company is doing poorly, it's because people like you aren't good enough at their jobs to execute on John's vision. You like to sit at a distance and blame someone else, where we all know its the collective laziness of the Sales organization that has dropped this company's performance. It's amazing we've even been able to deliver the financial performance we've had - if it weren't for John's leadership, this company would have been bankrupt. Sales can't deliver, despite the best leadership in the industry.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What leadership? Ten years ago he wanted to get rid of Elanco, now the company is becoming Elanco....

Don't you remember how he defended the corporate jets, saying that without them, IMCLONE could not have been purchased in a hurry? What a huge scientific and business blunder. That single mistake cost ten thousand employees their jobs.

You are so full of yourself. John and his brother are reckless sibling rivals in a pissing contest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both siblings should see who is better catching ebola.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of our lillies is missing...

The red "L" flickers, sonar weak, cash valves hissing open
    Half her pressure blown away, flounder in the ocean
    See the Kentucky boy drinking heavy water from a stone

Bye-bye empire, empire bye-bye
    Shallow leader, feckless and blithe
    Bye-bye empire, empire bye-bye
    Tired illusion drown in the night

And we can trace our history
    Downed by one fool
    and one of our
    One of our lillies, one of our lilies...

One of our lillies is missing tonight
    Seems she ran aground on manoeuveres
    One of our lilies
    is missing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a true idiot!!! This is an extremely idiotic statement considering Lilly let go the best of the sales force last year. Moron.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let go of the best salesforce? Why do you think they were let go (hint: they weren't the best; they just thought they were)?

It's funny. When sales people perform, they take all the credit. When they don't, it must be marketing or medical or senior leadership, etc, etc. Just own up to the fact that sales have been down, so the sales force is to blame. Without John's leadership, we would have already folded. So, take a second, swallow that enormous ego you have, and send John a 'thank you' letter.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John's leadership??? Wasn't he the one that authored the Zyprexa document that encouraged off label promotion of Zyprexa and was 100% aware of the metabolic issues? Subsequently leading to our long CIA that then and currently prevents us from "selling" ever again.... Some leader..... I'd be the one swallowing my ego friend!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are missing a very important point. Even if you have a great sales force you need great products. If you have never sold you certainly can't judge. We have old products and nothing but me toos coming out. What about all the phaseIII failures. Once you have great products then it's up to sales and marketing. You can't sell junk no matter how good you are !

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great products will sell themselves. You find the true merit of a sales force when you sell something that's just like the competition. You in Sales have consistently shown that you can only "sell" when you get a better product with better clinical data and better managed markets coverage. Who couldn't sell that? We don't need you to do it, that's for sure.

Regarding the previous comment, John was willing to take some risk on your behalf, and the sales force abused it and put the entire company under a CIA. Being you couldn't sell with what you had, he tried to free the reins a bit, and most took that as a sign that they could do anything that they wanted. That wasn't his direction, but, in typical fashion, the sales people went overboard because they couldn't sell in a competitive market. It's sad.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John taking risks??? Yeah- having sales reps promoting Zyp to children and hiding enormous weight gain and diabetes to the most vulnerable patients.. Is that "freeing the reigns?" He personally subjected this company to some of the largest litigation settlements in the history of the industry! You have your facts wrong...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zyp is still being pushed on the elderly, and I have proof.