Food for Thought

Discussion in 'Meda' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real Job:

RFI's, RFP's, Proposals, Margin, Negotiating, Discounting, Renewals, Forecasting, Prospecting, Presenting, Skip Level Meetings, Executive Buy In, Contracts, Approvals, Multipliers, Accountability; Self Respect

Fake Job:

Doctor, please please please make sure the pharmacy fills the right script, please please, Ill do a lunch again next week and you only have to come for five minutes again; Why did I go to college?

Is the free car really worth it anymore people?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a free flintstones car

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the cars? Do you have a choice?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real Job:

Managers and Executives achieving their statuses after successfully meeting and exceeding their forecasted revenue numbers over multiple year periods and being able to give specific rationale for their strategies along with why they should be put in a position to have others utilize those same strategies.

Fake Job:

Managers and Executives achieving their statuses after a decent quarter due to a managed care win completely outside of their control

Is being able to pick up your dry cleaning during the day really a benefit worth sticking around for anymore?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, let's see if you can guess which one is which:

Scenario 1: Awesome day, I killed it! I got five signatures and the 300 lb woman at the desk of the last office almost remembered my name after 3 years and about 20 lunches.

Scenario 2: Awesome day, did two hour long presentations to all decision makers involved with the each deal, biz dev set up two more presentations for me next week, 2 contracts in legal approval, commitment for PO's by month end from the other deals I had forecasted.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this place still in business?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your new job is so great, why are you still on here?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valid question. Definitely to gloat, partly to encourage others to grow the balls to leave what ever security they think they have in this industry behind because it only gets harder the longer you wait, and on top of that deflating the egos of those who think they made it in life because they moved up the ladder a rung or two at this place by pointing out the facts everyone already knows about what this job now entails.

Combo of those three I guess. Next question you should ask yourself is if these posts hurt you, why is that?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't hurt me. Curious why you hang on. That's all.