New RBD

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they bringing someone else from outside the company? The New RBD should come from within. I hope they learned from bringing an outsider only to watch him get rid of good Novo employees so that he could bring in his Daiichi people any candidates in mind?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark R former awesome DBM great leader forward thinker knows the market is fair and understands the Novo way!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds good to me somebody get turbyville on the phone!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a chance. Mark hasn't been an ADFST or an ADBS yet. There is no way he will get the job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's our weakness they hire based on a title and not on ability. I don't know the criteria for consideration but I know talent when I see it. Thanks for clearing that up. My vote is still for Mark though

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see. Did our two previous RBDs have the required experience and past job titles? If so, how would you rank their performance? From what I know, the immediate past predecessor (he that will no longer be named by most of our region) had major, MAJOR issues at his last company. Yet, we took him in for 2+ years with open arms.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! Let's hire from within. The last one was a debacle. Mark knows the market and is qualified he is actually on the same level as an RBD already. He would do a tremendous job he's a great leader and most importantly based on what I've heard about the previous RBD is not an HR nightmare. Bringing someone from outside could mean they start firing people to bring in their people and we are then right back where we started minus some good people. Enough is Enough we've been there done that let's get back to the basics and hiring someone that is familar with the market and not trying to make unecessary changes to further their cause and not that of the company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know that I know that it seems everyone knew it except Novo Nordisk. They do NOW!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But, he has to do one of the developmental roles. It's a rule in HR for all internal candidates to go through either the ADFST or ADBS position. You can root and cheer for him all you want, but it isn't going to help. Plus, there's already other people in the company who have been through at least one of those roles who have interest in the RBD spot. I know you may not like the rules, but we all have to play by them.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marc R is by far the most qualified candidate we have at Novo for the So Cal Region. Understands the market, the culture, is fair, and a great leader. He has not been an AD, but the folks we have in those roles currently do not have the knowledge and understanding to run So Cal effectively. It is not a HR rule that you have to be an AD first actually, to move into an RBD spot

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel bad for whoever steps into that role. It'll be like walking into a lions den. Most the posts on this site come from California. All the California reps do is complain... My RBD is awful, my coverage is terrible, my goals are too high, blah blah blah. When the reality is, others across the country have it much worse and still deliver.

Maybe if California stopped hanging out on Cafepharma their sales would be higher.

Good luck to whoever wants to take that train wreck on!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One, if he's that good, he probably wouldn't want the job.

And two, before the um…former RBD's "voluntary" resignation (wink-wink), there was already a candidate in mind. Come on now, don't be silly. You don't actually think that a series of 30 minute interviews and "review of track record" determines who gets picked for RBD, do you?

Mind you, we will go through the rigamarole of seeking the best fit, determining each candidate's understanding of the market, yadda yadda yadda. And then, miraculously, the one that has been pre-selected (on the down-low) in August will be revealed as The Savior for the region. Just like Myo was in June of 2012.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you have to be an AD. In some cases, HR will deem the IAE role a developmental role, but only in special circumstances. I can't name a single RBD promoted from within who hasn't been through an AD role in the past 8 years since they created them.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Challenges are a part of life I've seen Novo make of few exceptions over the years this would be a good time to consider another. Not sure about all the complaining I thoght this was a positive discussion. Don't include all California reps in your analysis you're on Cafepharma also. My accomplishments at Novo compared to yours would probably put yours to shame. It's all positive in So-cal becasuse Elvis has left the building baby.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that is true Mr. Torres in particular was famous for the backdoor deals. He's no longer here so it remains to be seen if he took that behavior with him or is it still alive and well. Time will tell. I still say MarK R is the best candidate by far, and if what you are saying is true could be the kiss of death. We shall see.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either you're a comedian or you've only been with the company for about 2 weeks. FYI I did find what you wrote to be hilarious. I've seen rules broken so many times that if it were really a crime to do so there would be a few Novo leaders doin some time

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. Can you name any internally promoted RBDs in the past 8 years that didn't go thru an AD role?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe Kelley went from DBM to RBD within the last 8 years. He is the new VP for the South. He may have been the last one before these new career tree rules were put into place. After 8 COE's I guess it was a good decision.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compare Joe's track record with any random internal people that came up the "proper way", or to external hires like MYOT or DYFI.

Look, this aint that hard, OK? times are hard in Cali and about to get much harder! In tough times, you go with best possible candidate, period. We're acting as if we're choosing the new Chief of Neurosurgery at UCLA. "Wahlll, they gotta be a such-and-so before they can get to manage a team of NNI DBMs.." BS!

I can think of 4 RBDs right now that came in straight from the outside that were let go from their previous jobs at another Pharma company. For most Pharma companies, that would never-ever happen, but we did it anyway.

If Mark is worthy and willing, I say give him a seat at the table and include him in the list of candidates. We need someone out here that knows what they're doing, and has respect from our big customers. And for Petes sake, can we get someone thats not gonna be "mentoring" (wink wink, nudge nudge) people that they're attracted to?!!

ERTU: I hear that Pfizer and Lilly are downsizing, PUH-LEEEZE do not bring in another one of those robotic, no talent %^&-holes!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen! If Mark does't get the job you've got my vote! That was eloquent, intelligent and true. I think Mark woud be a great candidate and definitely has the respect of the region. Bringing one of those retreads from another company starts the process all over again. Firing a bunch of good people to bring in a bunch of people that are so grateful they are at an awesome company like Novo they would never question any bone head recommendations made for change. It's the Novo Way here not the Daiichi, Phizer,Lilly way etc. If they were a part of a team that ran one company into the ground why would we consdier bringing them here! (Just a thought)