Nexgard Thoughts

Discussion in 'Merial' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any thoughts regarding NexGard?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will have to see safety data and pricing info before I make a decision. Initial thoughts are wow, one pill does it all. My next immediate thought is wow, how safe can a product that kills ticks that stays in system for 30 days be for the dog.

I had high hopes for Trifexis, and while it has done ok, I don't like all the side effects.

Final thought - who names these products? Nexgard? Really???

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't kill ticks, it kills one tick. How much do you think Revolution works on ticks, exactly it doesn't work at all.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like someone is nervous! You should be. Move over Comfortis and Sentinel this is the new thing. Also, that is the label today, whose to say what the label will be when we launch it. Try to figure that one out

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So your saying that you released a label with a product that will get picked apart and have opinions on it, just to then pull that drug and switch to a different not yet approved label that is going to be completely different and better? Good strategy, I hope you are right.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Breaking news... We will be launching Nexgard and giving away HG with those orders.
    Great plan!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God I hope you are right!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is that true? really, giving away HG. there goes my bonus.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Wal Mart order has just shipped to their distibution center. We will offer a $50 rebate to the Wal Mart shopper when they buy both HG and Nexgard from their pharmacy. Direct to the consumer - freakin awesome baby !!!

10. Tritak

Tritak Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen to the guy 2 comments up. There's no diversion for Nexgard like for frontline plus. Yeah... Everyone knows FL+ gets diverted, it stinks but this product will be great.

Active ingredient : Afoxolaner

Vomiting 4 percent of treatment group (the control group had slightly more vomiting) ie no vomiting they probably useshelter dogs hence any vomiting I'm first place.

Safer than even comfortis (12 percent vomiting trifexis 14 percent) Nexgard can be given to puppies 8 weeks... Comfortis to puppies14 weeks.

100 percent 35 days out.... Unlike comfortis which starts to fade at day 21 (don'tget me wrong i love comfortis)
    Don't have to give Nexgard with food, and field studies show its as palatable as heartgard.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone please clarify?
    Lyme disease is a huge problem in my area.
    How well does Nexgard work against the Deer Tick?
    Does it repel ticks?

Since it is an oral medication, is it safe for dogs that have had seizures in the past?

Thanks in advance.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Works great! Very safe!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My dog has been on kirkland flea tick with fipronil, and I am shocked to know that it causes longterm health problems in people and dogs. Can anyone tell me why fipronil products are allowed to be sold? That factsheet is freeking me out. I'm so pissed. Does this nexgard stuff have fipronil too? I am so pissed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So at what point did this company jump the shark? There's so many to choose from...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who has had their dog try this nexgard?? I have a major flea problem right now and my vet have me some free samples... My dog has had comfortis wth no problem, beside the fact it stopped working :/, but I'm nervous about something new.... But I am also tired of seeing my poor dog scratch himself til he bleeds and losing his fur, I don't even see fleas but I know they must be there....plus he's outside a lot so he get ticks once in a while...seems like it could be worth the risk, but there is so little info out there it's scary... I need more assurances :/

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very good product. It is getting ready to be launched next month. Give it with confidence.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the person posting generic "this medicine is great! effective! safe! give it with confidence!"
    what is your basis/evidence for saying this? are you a seller of the product? have you given your own dog the product? what? Reasonable assurances are a bit more than broad statements of approval... you need to back it up with something, anything!

Thanks

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a veterinarian, we did participate in the palatability study. Most of the dogs we gave it to took it with no problem. None (20, including staff dogs) had any issues. We are looking forward to seeing just how well it performs. We tested it in the middle of winter. My personal dog did not have a flea problem (has not had fleas since, so at least it is not LESS effective) and it is not the right time of year for ticks. But, we hear good things, and are hoping they will be able to expand the labeling for the other types of ticks, as well. Our region is a horrible one for bugs, in general. Here's hoping this is a good deal! Should end up costing about what FL Tri-tak does, per dose.