Np

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not only has the little giant screwed up Surgical, he has ruined NP, too. Glad I got out in FY12 when i did as i hear it's a growing mess under the direction of this nasty little man.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOUR question is very rude--why do you assume we're all asses and rude like you? However, here you go... NP has a very high turnover (about 40%) as the pay is below average (base averages about 25-35k) and the commission is tied to quotas that are very high for FY13. Many products to sell--some of them quite good, but too many are only sold on price. Tremendous amount of paperwork comes with this position--you will at times become chained to your laptop for days__and ask your interviewer about MBT--if they tell you it is "fixed"--they are already lying to you. MBT continues to plague all of us at Cardinal__where are you interviewing? I know there are a load of openings around the country--and more to come. Not a job you want unless you are out of unemployment checks. PS, I recently left NP joining a different Cardinal sales group. Couldn't take the nonsense anymore.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an NP rep (have been for 3 years) and haven't seen my FY13 quota yet, so anyone who has must be getting it ahead of all of the rest of us or making stuff up. In regards to pay, we are paid 60/40- 60% salary that is about $50K + commissions- not too sure about the post of a $25K salary- don't know of any of my peers that would accept that. Turnover is about 15 to 20%, but most reps that are leaving are staying with Cardinal in new roles. I joined when we launched NP in 2009.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IMO, Surgical is the group in Cardinal to join, they seem to be getting all the attention and new products, they are now in the ortho implant space + they actually get to sell and not deal with all the MBT BS that we have to do in channel. Planning on making my move soon

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You haven't received your quota yet? Isn't Cardinal into Q2 of their new fiscal year? I'd say that this speaks to the competence and leadership in this company. Or lack thereof.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why so many reps are leaving or miserable and looking to leave. "Management" is less than INcompetent, and we have no leadership, but we're used to it. And yes, we are into Q2 of FY13.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So no quotas issued mid year? How in the heck do you make a business plan? Just plod through your week and grow the business a little bit. That's good enough?

Who is running this division?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely, Matt is inept and our NP reps keep leaving this BU fleeing to other companies or other Cardinal sales teams. Is the turnover as high as 50% over the past 18 months, which is what I was told? Matt and an equally inept "leader", namely Doug, are ruining this BU. Perhaps that's why rumors keep flying that NP will be soon dissolved with a reorg to reassign these reps (are these rumors true or has the decision already been made by the new guy from J&J?).

More NP resignations/defections are coming this year as these reps are not as stupid as their two clueless "leaders".

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get it through your skull, the whole med segment is in deep trouble. the jnj guy willbe making radical changes to each business unit- reorgs, eliminations, divestitures and more. nobodys job is safe, not even managers/directors. only a dumbass would think things are going to "be alright"!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we all have to get it through our heads.
    our current company, organization, head count, and service model was built prior to the days of information technology and the internet.

I used to be essential to my customers since they couldn't order this stuff themselves.

There is now little I bring to the table that a good website can't do for a customer.

Fortunately, Cardinal is inept when it comes to their website, IT, and MBT so I am still needed by my customers.

But my competition is better than me. They have a better operation. Better IT. A better website. And they have me outnumbered 3 to 1 with kids out of college.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are 100% correct, our competition is out numbering us and for my territory even your numbers are right - 3 to 1!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cardinal's NP group is a doomed enterprise as is evident from the escalating turnover rate this year. I also hear they are on target to seriously miss FY13 sales quotas. Senior leadership of this group is just plain bad and what makes it worse for the NP reps is that their Leaders think the way they are managing is just perfect (wrong).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's wrong with NP? Who is at fault?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what's going on at Nursing Products? There are rumors that this group is in for big changes soon. Is NP being dissolved? Absorbed by another BU? You know something is up with all the turnover they have. Some regions have 2 or 3 open territories__why? I was hoping to transfer to NP but this group appears very shaky. Anyone know anything for sure about their future or lack of one??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know when the layoffs might begin?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently had a phone interview for a Nursing Products sales position. I also learned that this group had as many as 5 resignations during the past two months. is there something I should know? Why are so many reps leaving? I heard reps have been resigning or transferring out of this group all year. Any honest opinions would be most appreciated as I don't need to make a big mistake working here.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you find out who left or transferred and ask them about the current state of hat division? You won't get any solid answers from an anonymous message board.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, Mr. Casey!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what is going on with Nursing Products? Reps keep leaving one after the other-the turnover is excessive. And if they're moving to another Cardinal BU, they're doing so for a reason. Does anyone know if NP is heading toward a reorg or even if this group is being eliminated? Something disturbing may be the rerason this BU keeps experiencing so many sales rep defections.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who know aren't talking, myself included... So stop asking! Just deal with what happens.