Abbott history book 150 years

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2014 at 5:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make a difference with your work not with your flappy jaws!!!!!! ADD PROUD RETIREE

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The operative word here is USED TO. I've been around a long time and the jokers they've hired to manage this company are driving it into a ditch. Case in point, the Abbott book. I'd like to retire from Abbott but if they waste money like this, keep laying off people and making the ones who stay, work their load, it's not good business. Being Abbott proud doesn't mean you can't criticize a bad decision when you see one. When you criticize it means you care about the business sustainability. If I make a difference with my work everyday, I don't want its fruits to be mis-managed this way.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG, if I am old and frail and posting crap like the poster above after retirement, please shoot me. Shoot me I tell you. If I am seen within 50 ft of this site, shoot me. I am hoping that when I retire I will have much more to do other than strut around saying "Proud Retiree" like some nationalistic brainwash victim. Please get a life. There are hobbies. Bird watching, stamp collecting, zumba, beanie baby collecting, star wars conventions. Oh, yes, there are also a million countries to visit outside of your hermetically sealed little suburban burg, museums to see, trails to hike. Like I said. Please get the gun and shoot me if I become anything like this person. He may have left the company years ago but his head is still BOBBING. OMG. I think I may need to see a brainwash interventionist now to start the process. It might take years. I will not go to my retirement spouting slogans.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ABBOTT PROUD so FU little punk!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

said the ABBOTT REDNECK...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I'm torn with this topic. I spent 25 years working there, took on every crazy project, traveled and away from home most weeks and got the boot last year due to the Financial Re-org. Needless to say, I'm not old enough to retire yet. I didn't get the book. Was I Abbott Proud? Yes, every day for 25 years. Now, not so much..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're just jealous poopsie. A wannabe, hehe. Well, we wish you the best of luck. Only another 35 years of showing up at your J.O.B.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being a PROUD ABBOTT retiree means Redneck? Sorry to burst your view, little one, but I have a PhD from an Ivy League school and live in an urban setting. What about you?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, let's all toot your horn along with you!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, so big deal. I have a PhD from an Ivy and I can prove it: I have a tattoo that says so.
    What a pathetic post...... some guy bragging about his degree on CP. (Worse than Little Ricky over at AbbV not even having one...) Next thing we know he will come back with a post telling us he has oversized testicles.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just guessing' here, but I would say that you already HAVE your slogan....you said it in the first sentence: "please shoot me"!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am still looking for my picture.....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True dat! You are a very astute observer of workplace behavior. OMG, it's already too late. I am ruined. Please shoot me now! Why, Why, Why? This place is like an infectious disease.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks: Please ignore the posting pranksters - - - they offer no value to our company. I worked thirty plus years at Abbott and feel PROUD of my contributions to the growth of the company! I am now retired and enjoying life with new academic and recreational activities. We worked for a great company and it is a shame the millennial generation of workers are so misguided.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a great company. It really doesn't have the great reputation it used to have namely because it lacks the level of integrity it seemed to have before. Little things like Ricky not having a degree, lawsuits, things like that add up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pot calling the kettle black...when your coworkers lie about this and that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if I leave the plastic covering on the book, how much more is it going to be worth on eBay compared to one of the books that has been opened already? Sort of virginal I think, no?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah, no one has the money to waste on coffee table books, anymore. $8 bucks will probably be the going rate, if that. But why don't you send it to Miles and ask him to autograph it because you love it so much. That might be worth something. If you can get Ricky to sign, that would add value. When you get your signed book back keep the envelopes to prove provenance.