Abbott Vascular Clonmel

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing that is missing in Abbott is RESPECT.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they do that so people won't leave (until they want them to). They break employees down mentally (like the army?) so that they are afraid to try to find another job elsewhere. It is their method of control.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true
    But honestly there's feck all jobs out there and now I heard tonight that Costa Rica is screwed and we are getting more products we are here forever :(

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bonus 8.5% yuppiieeeee

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah 9 % is the bonus ;)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PAWN

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this thread has got has boring has DES. morale is low and people are fed up and soon people going to usa to take other people jobs and secure jobs here that are not wanted. I not worried bout that cause what goes around comes around I know I coudnt do it but mother abbott always gets its way. People who volunteered without knowing the pay package were pretty dumb. I reckon Abbott would of paid out double if no one voluntered. Lots of supervisors and engineers are leaving which is never a good sign because yeah some are dumb but now we get even dumber. Exciting times ahead with plenty more medical device jobs coming to ireland to the likes of waterford, limerick and cork so job prospects should improve dramaticly over the next 24 months so chances to leave will be available and we can thank god for that unless you fancy another 10 years in hell more luck to yeah but remember Abbott is one of the worst paying medical company in Ireland for operators because they do not respect them and crush them by deliberately pissing people off. Its funny that over 100 people more wanted redundancy and they didnt just pay him off take the hit and let people who didnt want to be there go and hire people who did want to be there. Anyway good times ahead stay positive and you will be free sure you mighten get 50000 grand but you will get your self respect back and you will be happy and content in your life can you imagine a life without abbott. IF YOU CAN DREAM IT YOU CAN DO IT.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the engineers can only dream about operators salary in clonmel...45-50hours per week for ~30k no wonder they all are leaving

9. DubStu

DubStu Guest

Is it really that bad? I am a new graduate from DIT and I am thinking of applying for an engineering job. Surely this would be a good place to have an engineering career? So many opportunities, no?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would recommend any graduate to stay away from the place you would be better off looking elsewhere the pay salary and you will have to work about 10 hours a day and operators get overtime pay engineers do not with regards opportunities this is Abbott but you are young and naive do not waste it in this place. I would of recommend you about 7 years ago but you better off getin on a plane to canada or australia best of luck

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hair man is coming back next week to fix this problem.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 reasons why I hate Abbott Clonmel
    1 shift work stupid hours just put me on all days
    2 I always follow the same procedures completely incorrectly because I have to hit target
    3 the pay stinks
    4 incentive is more like a punishment for busting your ass
    5 boring and repetitive
    6 overtime
    7 I hate having to lie to auditors
    8 I hate that I constantly take shortcuts because of the pressure i am on
    9 I hate the lick arse culture makes me sick
    10 the constant covering up and I know the bought Shingo prize.
    I will be honest though and say Abbott have turned me into a robot i am no longer human anymore i wish I had a time machine and I would go back to the time on the day I had my first interview in Abbott and I would kick the crap out of myself before I stepped inside the door for being a total idiot what was I thinking but I dont know some people like it and more people hate it. Miles White please take your redwood city products and shove them up your arse we dont want them in clonmel

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mission accomplished! Spoken like a blithering idiot; well done!

Now that you have been broken like a wild stallion, here are the approved responses you can select from should anyone from management ask you a question:

1). How HIGH? sir!
    2). May I have another? SIR!
    3). My job is to do what ever you tell me to do, SIR!
    4). I saw nothing, SIR!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would only recommend working for Abbott if you are currently a Janitor at Rikers Island Prison.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

on a more serious note what is the worst thing about working with Abbott Clonmel saw an advert on website for job? workload, people,travel, boss, pay, shift work. What is the overall opinion of people working there? On a yearly average how many people leave to go somewhere else? Thank you for honest responses.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly , the shift kills moral .... The managers are wankers but on a good note some and only if ur lucky u will get a sound super and he or she can make it ok to be there , money isn't all that bad cause in all fairness 800+starting is better than 180 dole now isn't it !!!
    I still pray for redundancy but I don't hate it all I hate is the different hours . U can't be too picky if u need a job .

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice to see chuck has fate in us guys keep up the good work was anyone else inspired by that video that was shown for Abbott Clonmel wining Shingo prize. I am now even more determined to leave the lickass culture is unreal. The funny thing is if you agree with what they say you become a yes man and if you disagree you have a bad attitude. I have my opinion and I see what goes on day in and day out in Abbott Clonmel. I joined this company because I thought it cares about patients and employees. This is far from the truth all employees care about is not getting caught not following procedure, yearly review, bonus and what time we finish on a Friday. I myself have picked parts up off the floor and passed them on just so we could make target and not get in trouble and I have witnessed this nearly everyday in Abbott Clonmel. I have also seen people work under other peoples login names and I know this because I did it myself so traceability is totally lost and I know people and myself take shortcuts in setting up machines and not to mention line clearence is just put password into elhr thats how we reduce setup times also if you do follow procedure you get destroyed for been slow can you imagine when the FDA come and they bring us into a room and coach us on what to say because they do not trust us tell everyone to take time and due care when they around and managment. All in all " built as if intended for my family" is a nice idea but If I needed a stent I would opt for surgery instead because I know I would not want one of those things inside me. It is crazy if you go and get help from engineering or QC for example they get angry because they have to move or they way to busy updating facebook or linkedlin and in fairness I dont blame them its just the culture that we are involved in. I cant understand assemblers who are 10 years with Abbott still classed as entry level assemblers which clearly show a lack of inequality and respect for people who go in do their best and they spit on you and your family but managers all get good reviews like people are blind or turning a blind eye. I remember another individual saying to me your lucky to have a job and I would not wish my job on my worst enemy because he deserves better than that. The only reason people stayed so long is because of the recession and in fairness Abbott capitalised on that by treating employees like muck but NEWSFLASH the recovery is well under way and better companies are coming and people are already starting to leave and why is that and I will be honest, WEAK SALARY, FEW OPPORTUNITIES, BULLY CULTURE, STRESS, INTEGRITY,FEAR,SHIFT,HOILIDAYS, INCOMPETANT OCC HEALTH, CANTEEN TERRIBLE FOOD,MANAGMENT, LEADERSHIP. I actually feel bad for some engineers who are excellent at what they do and very intelligent ended up in this place because they would more than likely get paid more somewhere else and work less hours but maybe they need a leg up to get noticed before they can move on to spice up cv. I reckon now that about 100 people will leave in the next year and thats before they hire anyone so you heard it here first but just say you are an engineer with 7 years experience and you leave that is a major blow to Abbott because you just cannot replace that investment in people same goes for supervisor, assembler yes you will be replaced but you cannot replace what that employee done since they started and it will be the companies fault and it is pure stupid to make over 200 people redundant and then to look for them to come back if 10 percent comeback I will be in total shock. If any FDA rep read this you need to look through the cracks to see what goes on and talk with assemblers,qc,engineers alone without an authority figure around we are in fear for our positions because if we say something wrong we will be fired and that is reality we have families to feed but we do not want to be assassins or 2 make people sick. Anyway has a rant goes I give myself 10 out of 10 and yes the truth hurts and in the end the truth will always prevail because I believe in natural justice and I wish the company and the site many recalls and closure in the future.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow amazing post. I agree wit most of it....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not amazing. It is the truth and I have seen worse things than that one day I was on the wrong machine setting for about 3 hours so roughly passed about 130 parts qc came down and just told me to change it and she did not mention it to engineering because she needed to finish at half 7 on a friday so I avoided an exemption and a slap on the rist and them parts went into the market place and this happens on a regular basis and not to apparently it is next to impossible to get a recall for stent manufacturing because the lots are so big that 15% of lots have to kill someone and given you might only have 1 or 2 complaints a month. All regulators care about is money and we know abbott make over $1000 per final product can you imagine everyone has a price FDA, SHINGO, and even the employee so everyone turns a blind eye and gets on with it sometimes I wonder do they believe their own lies or have they not got a brain in that head they will never brainwash me. I cant speak up in my job because I will be shown the door and when I do speak up they make up some excuse to justify it so I dont care anymore just go in do my 8hours and go home my opinion does not matter also I heard when we were filling out Shingo forms on computer they went in after we logged off and changed all the answers to make the company look good someone told me that close to a manager because they were promised new products this year if they got shingo the site could not take the risk of not getting shingo prize so they cheated everyone on site and I call that fraud by signing someone elses name to a legal form.