PN Talent Retention

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cover your butt. It's the name of the game.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No truer words were ever spoken. Marketing is running the show at PN as well, and are completely clueless of the marketplace. example? Forcing fertilizer without regard to the impact on the customer

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do we continue to have the worst managers in the industry. Easy, instead of hiring a tenured reps who know the territories and key players, we hire inexperienced reps whose only criteria was their willingness to move their families. There are no longer professional district managers. They are managing for their next job. This leads to bad decisions that can hurt a district for years. Reps are fed up with the current system. Mgt thinks they can bully them but in reality all this busy work is hurting the business. Good luck to everyone, you are going to need it!!!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't get the fertilizer reference

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullying and unsupportive management is the name of the game. Coaching reports that are mean and unrealistic is what these DMs are told to produce. These managers are facilitators of upper management bullying tactics and crappy marketing schemes and useless paperwork to keep you from looking for another job. It's all CYA moves. If the rep succeeds, they can say, see my bullying worked. If rep fails, they can say see, you suck. It's all about blaming reps not about getting the business. The old model of "management is in this with you" is gone and that's why we are loosing great reps. Inside at HQ, they're fooling themselves with spinning shit to make it look like all is great. Can we please launch a product like professionals around here? Stop making reps have to do your jobs out here, you marketing fools with no rep and real world experience. This business was fun and your bullying tactics are not wining you much admiration from our customers. That's why we have retention problems. This was the hallmark of this great company. The worst thing to happen to this company was when Abbott took over and killed Ross!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are dooooooooooooomed

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just heard two more reps are about to bail

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From where? Not surprised!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a revolving door here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have my territory review in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Useless exercise in futility. Example of management trying to justify their jobs. Stop the madness and get to work to create innovative products customers needs instead of pointing fingers and CYA activities. This is why good reps leave.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At this point an exercise is good. I've gained about 15 pounds this winter.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic line from above video, "If it isn't in salesforce.com, it doesn't exist."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware to all the micro managers out there. It could lead to losing good reps and hospitals to follow.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please give me a break. Have not lost very many hospitals. In most cases we gain and protect better with new rep. The old ways must go ASAP.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will see. Stay tuned.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outstanding Video that reminds me of my meeting with My manager last year!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I strongly recommend that everyone see the youtube video one post up and also the entrire series. There is SO MUCH truth to the videos. I watched the other ones after a few drinks and was crying laughing. My wife has not seen me laugh so hard in years.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lost a great rep and more wanting to bail in my region. Reason: too much micro management and lack of work- life balance. This place has gone mad.