AV Temecula Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are either deluded or work for corporate, but I repeat myself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FACT 1: Accessories and Co-pilot will be outsourced to a company in Mexico, this was relayed over in a site wide meeting.

POSSIBLE OUTCOME 1: A layoff will occur involving Murrieta Personnel that deal with this, before they move them to Temeucla. No sense in keeping people if there job is being done by a 3rd party vendor, unless they shift and move those positions around within the company, this I highly doubt, so in other words figure out when the official closure date of Murrieta will be and that should be the date around another round of layoffs.

FACT 2: It was also told in the past that distribution was going to Mexico City

POSSIBLE OUTCOME 2: Either a closure of Zevo or a mass layoff if this is the case

NEW RUMOR MILL: Heard that next layoff is in April?? Not sure how big, but this just seems to early since one was just done in Feb. doesn't seem like the pattern.

THE PROBLEM CHILD: IDEV-not panning out the way they expected it I see. They are even suing the company (abbott suing IDEV) for incorrect/incomplete information. I guess it is the only way to recuperate some of the money they have already lost and will loose.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Link?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only reason they are hiring is because many people are quitting and they need to keep production going until the transfer to Ireland is complete. It doesn't change the fact that RWC is closing. That's not propaganda, it's a fact. Furthermore, the only division that's doing well is nutrition and "move to another division" is easier said than done for me. Abbott Vascular is on shaky ground and instead of rallying their forces and creating stronger morale, they have layoffs and outsourcing as a reward for all our hard work. I know there's a lot of Abbott faithful on this site, and there was a time when I was faithful too. But after so much deceit and lies I have finally had enough. I wish Abbott's faithful well, but I'm leaving and I don't wish to work for this company again. I hope you don't suffer the hardships of Vascular and please try to learn from it's mistakes, which are many. Good luck to you all, no matter what division you are in.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who told you that lie!!!!! All they are doing is shuffling people around and promoting the Chiefs. They let most of the Indians go. So who is left to do the work? Those that are left are overloaded and all management wants is to check the box. They don't even care if the work is done correctly. ABBOTT IS GOING DOWN! Get out while you can.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CA EDD website confirms 13 laid off at Zevo.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is AV starting the "Management Shuffle", to prepare for the next layoff?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All managers are at an off-site training today....can anyone say lay-offs????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is off topic, but looking for insight from AV people. Does anyone know anything about the finance director (DK) on the main campus in TEM? I hear alot of bad things about him. People have told me he's an A-1 a$$hole, making his employees miserable and treating them like crap. They also say he should have never been made a director. I've only worked here a few years and have never met him. I am currently in engineering, but my passion is finance and accounting. I thought the finance department could use some help and would really like to move over, but don't want to work for a jerk that doesn't appreciate his people. Not looking for more money exactly, just want to get back to my field of expertise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't want to work for a jerk, then you shouldn't be working here at all!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been at AV for 20+ years. Abbott has ruined the once great company of Guidant with all their bureaucratic requirements. Guidant use to be able to move on a dime, now getting anything done takes weeks. Reminds me of how the government works with inefficiencies and delays. I've survived 9 layoffs there, and it's getting worse for the ones remaining. I decided years ago to just work my 8 hours per day and leave.

Now I'm wondering if there is another layoff coming next month. Rumor has it happening in September. Only time will tell.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely in September, as long as Murrieta closes to plan...next month would be the traditional lay-off following first quarter earnings announcements...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone heard anything lately??? I could really use a layoff package...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've also heard it will take place in September and that it will be "massive". Didn't hear an actual headcount number though. (I got this information approx one week ago)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Sir Lancelot be OK?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder when layoffs will be??? Usually happens after quarterly earnings are reported...and Q1 earnings were definitely terrible...not to mention the additional Class 1 recall of Abbott glucose test strips and monitors (AGAIN)!!!!!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard several of these statements at the sitewide meetings:

Here's one thing you can be 100% sure of: when ever management makes an absolute statement, the exact opposite is what's actually going to happen ... and the plans are all written up and in their coat pocket.

"There is no plan to sell this division\close this facility".
    Translation: The plan isn't quite done yet, just a few more details to work out.

"There are no discussions taking place regarding closing\selling this facility\Division\etc."
    Translation: We're done talking about it, the decision has been made, we're doing it.

"That rumor is false."
    Translation: The rumor is not 100% correct ... but close.

"There is absolutely no truth to that rumor!!!"
    Translation: The rumor is 100% correct, and is in fact a leak.

"I run this facility\division, and I promise all of you I am not involved in any discussion to sell\close\out source it."
    Translation: That's what the secret task force is doing ... I'm not on that.

"I am committed to this division\facility, and you have my word that I would not approve any proposal that involves closing\selling\out sourcing."
    Translation: The CEO approves those things, not me; my job is to develop and execute the plan to lay all of you off and transition the operation to where ever it's going ... then relocate my family to my next assignment (with a nice extra bonus for the added pressure of what I have to do here). Wish me luck!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was reading some of the crap on here and it cant be so bad. Abbott are just restructuring its called business which you guys should know if ye didnt have such a handy job for the last 10-20 years. Abbott provided ye with a living wage for most of your working life which in turn put your kids through college and got a roof over your heads so some of you have and will continue to be surplus to requirements and this is your fault not Abbott all you folks could of upskilled during your service with Abbott and got a better job the fact you find yourself in this position is the reason your jobs will be sent to costa rica and ireland because you were overpaid and the guys in other lands can do the work for much cheaper and Abbott can pay 5 guys for doing 1 job that you do. If you where building a house and you know this builder and he can do a very good job and he wants 60000 and he can do the house in 3 months or would you get 5 builders who will do the job for 15000 and they do it in 1 month and the quality of the work is the same so its basic maths its not Abbott's fault plus you can put the money you saved into bigger projects and expand even bigger. As a multinational Abbott cannot stand still because competitors would destroy them you guys are just to expensive and eventually Temecula will close and so what when all you guys die Abbott will still be a successful growing company making products that make a difference to everyone. Abbott have kept Temecula opened out of loyalty to the city and its people because of course they care and not to mention ye all get a pension so look at the bigger picture not about a manager you do not like or who makes you want to scream they have treated all you guys with dignity and respect and you guys should not be slamming such a fantastic company who have given you guys every opportunity to be the best you can be. Abbott always looks after its people maybe if you have a relative going round with a stent inside them you guys would love Abbott or if they give your daughter a job when no one else would. In my expierence its you guys that make the place toxic by spreading rumours which are not helpful to anyone or Abbott so stop defaming a company that has done way to much for its employees and most importantly the people using Abbotts products such as xience and enjoy the time you have left with Abbott make it a positive one because life is not worth it you only have one life when you look back on your deadbed you will be proud you worked with Abbott and helped millions around the globe and that is your contribution to life. What a legacy to leave behind. So guys nobody can take that away from you not even Abbott its all about survival of the company which is vital you guys have got to understand this do not ruin your leagacy take it with a pinch of salt. We all proud of what medical device companies do sure we hate how expensive it is but that is because you guys get overpaid so yeah cheaper healthcare move the jobs overseas if I need a stent at least i will get it cheaper and that my friends is the bigger picture.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tem ?

MORON

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are ye on a lot of meds?