KAM's: #1 reason to be a KAM

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The End of the Road for Rx Sales in the U.S.

"This scenario is being played out across America this year. As Obamacare slowly finds its equilibrium, the cold, hard fact of where this new public health plan will leave the traditional drug salesperson is becoming quite clear. That is, they simply are not be needed."

"Where does the Rx salesperson fit into this scenario? First, it is not hard to see that if eventually 30 million Americans are receiving their Rx services through an Obamacare insurance program, the opportunity to “present, respond, and close the deal” is very likely going to be limited…if ever provided."

"Given all of the above, it does appear to be just about the end of the road for Rx sales in the U.S. One-on-one sales, if occurring at all, now appear to be trending towards digital Skype presentations, or You Tube videos that a physician can watch whenever convenient (http://goo.gl/MSTweY ). In many of these formats, the doctor can actually access a “sales rep” to question some aspect of an Rx product. It’s similar to what we do when we contact an Amazon rep with a question about a sweater purchase. In short, there are no “real sales people” involved. Only Rx telemarketers."

"But the days of the selling by a “Willy Loman” like Rx sales “magician” would appear to be over. Replaced instead by digital algorithms, reams of user analytics, and highly trained pharmaceutical employees — who probably couldn’t artfully answer a physician’s “objection” if they heard one."

http://blog.pharmexec.com/2014/01/29...n63/?topic=422

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's hard to believe this group was recently expanded????? New RSM and KAMs.. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But the email success stories keep coming...I have never heard any success story where they meaningfully expanded market so much they paid for gas in their cars.

Pfizer you can not afford these people.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a lot of animosity here...wow! I will take a beating for this but as a DBM who values her peer KAMs I think it is preposterous to say they are not valuable. My KAMs have actually helped my reps get in to see accounts that have been anti-industry for years. Pfizer is in fact the only pharma company that has a relationship now in 2 of them.

As far as asking for ROI, just ask them. Ask your DBMs. This addition to our account team has resulted in increased market and brand share in 2 accounts for my team. I agree that more communication needs to happen between some KAMs and DBMs, but in our area it is working well.

I am not surprised they continue to expand. I plan on adapting. You should too, rather than complaining behind the guise of a hard-working rep.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is You, who should have worked with clinics to develop access.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is laughable. If this is a serious post then there is a level of ignorance that is a cancer in this company. KAMS cant get anywhere without a rep. initiating and scheduling a mtg. for them. A trained monkey could check the box and do a needs assessement to a customer, give us a break. They always are contacting the reps. asking for contact information and scheduling appts. for them when they should have the expertise to find out who these customers are on their own. And of top of that, most of the KAMS are chosen over more experience people that dont get the job because of connections. That is how everything works at Pfizer. Lie through you teach and who are your connections. This has always been the culture and it ain't ever changing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even less accountability for DBM's. That's why they love KAMs. What surprises me is that they still have the antiquated DBM model at Pfizer, with 1 manager overseeing as few as 5-6 reps per months and trapsing into the same accounts over and over doing essentially NOTHING the rep could not do on their own.

If anyone at Pfizer had an ounce of sense they would scuttle this business model and have a couple of DM's per state doing quarterly or bi-annual field visits. There is enough technology nowadays to babysit and make sure people are working.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this were to happen, as it should, then you would be proposing eliminating a lot of middle mgmt. people in the food who aren't about to give up such a high paid cushy job requiring little effort and essentially no level of intelligence. And we know what happens when you mess with a caged lion.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blah Blah Blah. If you think reps are so valuable and KAMs are not, just go read the thread on here about how many Pfizer reps are faking their calls because they can't see their valuable MDs. You call that work?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Hard to fathom why someone would post and brag about how little they do for all to see. It's like asking to be let go for lack of work. Go figure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are reps bragging about fake calls all over the place. They are, however trying to negate the KAM job to make themselves appear more valuable. Face it, folks. Both are valuable, but only when they WORK. KAM/DBM/ISS/REP....do your job! There are plenty of people who would be willing to do your job (at a far lesser salary) and actually DO IT. Get off the boat if you don't pull your weight. It is YOU that brings the company down. Eventually you will be discovered.

Finger-pointing is the first tool used by one who wants to take the attention away from themselves.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Requires the best BS people in industry. No product no solutions

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q whats the diff between a sKAM and a Clinical Health Educator? Nothing as both are a waste of time and CO resources.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd conversation with customer.... Thank you for letting me waste your time, We should be having some new offerings soon that will bring value to your practice. I will tease you again in about 6 months and let you think we really have something to partner around. By then, Pfizer will have spent millions of dollars in salaries for our group. Luckily our shareholders know nothing about how we are spending our money. I will send an email up the chain about the success of this 2nd appointment to give relevance to our jobs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMs provide "NO VALUE" in the workplace. Do not even attempt to go here. This position is a filler to justify the empire of institutional sales. Worthless and everyone in Pfizer knows it. 99% of the KAM's do not have any collaboration agreements. It's been the same story for months and now years. The story is the same every time a KAM talks to anyone. 7 months away from an agreement. I call BS

you can count the collaboration agreements for the entire country on 1 hand

The solution to this is simple. 1 goal for each KAM by the end of June. Sign a collaboration agreement or your gone

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Charles Charles close the door on your way out. Keep faking those calls & delivering starters.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the only response a KAM has when asked to give us examples of KAMs and collaboration agreements.

you validate everything we know about a KAMs ability to show outcomes

Charles Charles is all you have.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Charles Charles collaboration agreement is between customer and Pfe not a rep faking calls. Ask legal to show you an example. Call them in between faking calls, gym, starbucks.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The End of the Road for Rx Sales in the U.S.

"This scenario is being played out across America this year. As Obamacare slowly finds its equilibrium, the cold, hard fact of where this new public health plan will leave the traditional drug salesperson is becoming quite clear. That is, they simply are not be needed."

"Where does the Rx salesperson fit into this scenario? First, it is not hard to see that if eventually 30 million Americans are receiving their Rx services through an Obamacare insurance program, the opportunity to “present, respond, and close the deal” is very likely going to be limited…if ever provided."

"Given all of the above, it does appear to be just about the end of the road for Rx sales in the U.S. One-on-one sales, if occurring at all, now appear to be trending towards digital Skype presentations, or You Tube videos that a physician can watch whenever convenient (http://goo.gl/MSTweY ). In many of these formats, the doctor can actually access a “sales rep” to question some aspect of an Rx product. It’s similar to what we do when we contact an Amazon rep with a question about a sweater purchase. In short, there are no “real sales people” involved. Only Rx telemarketers."

"But the days of the selling by a “Willy Loman” like Rx sales “magician” would appear to be over. Replaced instead by digital algorithms, reams of user analytics, and highly trained pharmaceutical employees — who probably couldn’t artfully answer a physician’s “objection” if they heard one."

http://blog.pharmexec.com/2014/01/29...n63/?topic=422

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO OUTCOMES 7 MONTHS AWAY I'm on a conference call Can you get me an appointment? Can you give me a success story? I've got a meeting. Same BS from every KAM

and your response will be" "Charles Charles because you have nothing else to come at us with other than referencing a source that says reps will no longer be needed. guess what, you were never needed

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Want to bet a KAM wrote this.